Added Bull/staff Blood

The fawn dog was always a dog and was worked hard bye me and a Brendan fellow,the red and white dog don't know where you heard about him being five times anything,his litter brother went well across the water.People got out of staffs after the trials ended on a sour note.Certain pits men from Cork still came up to put the Cuilleog blood in there pits,not bad for dogs that were only show dogs.The show people killed the Staff,people like me and others kept them alive for a long time.

• Like 1

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's a train of thought to peruse over. at the end of the 18th and into the 19th century, if we are to believe the history books, certain sporting types began crossing the heavy bodied bulldogs of t

what are the E.B.T.cross terrier's like when it comes to reproducing? I know when they were crossed into a.p.b.t. and staffords they produced some animals that were more than capable of the task for w

a edited version of the F.Buck interview published on the net in the USA Frank Buck’s first terrier came to him from his father, a gypsy who had kept his own type of terrier for many years – a line

Posted Images

When bull was added over here(back in the day)it was staff,but back then some lines were as game as the APB,and pits were non existent or very scarce to say the least.A lot of black dogs have bull in them some way back, some not so way back.The best kind in my opinion was breed them down to one eight,and if they made the grade, breed one eight to one eight,I seen some very gamey little dogs from this method.A lot of the half crosses I seen were mute and style of work gave them a short life span,even a lot of the quarters were mute.I personally never seen a good cross to the white bulls as most of them were useless anyway IMO.The bulls made a much bigger contribution to the working terrier than a lot of people care to admit.

When bull was added over here(back in the day)it was staff,but back then some lines were as game as the APB,and pits were non existent or very scarce to say the least.A lot of black dogs have bull in them some way back, some not so way back.The best kind in my opinion was breed them down to one eight,and if they made the grade, breed one eight to one eight,I seen some very gamey little dogs from this method.A lot of the half crosses I seen were mute and style of work gave them a short life span,even a lot of the quarters were mute.I personally never seen a good cross to the white bulls as most of them were useless anyway IMO.The bulls made a much bigger contribution to the working terrier than a lot of people care to admit.

Back in the day the "Staff" was actually the working pit dog of the U.K, also known as the APBT these days. Edited by DogFox123
  • Like 1