Added Bull/staff Blood

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's a train of thought to peruse over. at the end of the 18th and into the 19th century, if we are to believe the history books, certain sporting types began crossing the heavy bodied bulldogs of t

what are the E.B.T.cross terrier's like when it comes to reproducing? I know when they were crossed into a.p.b.t. and staffords they produced some animals that were more than capable of the task for w

a edited version of the F.Buck interview published on the net in the USA Frank Buck’s first terrier came to him from his father, a gypsy who had kept his own type of terrier for many years – a line

Posted Images

When bull was added over here(back in the day)it was staff,but back then some lines were as game as the APB,and pits were non existent or very scarce to say the least.A lot of black dogs have bull in them some way back, some not so way back.The best kind in my opinion was breed them down to one eight,and if they made the grade, breed one eight to one eight,I seen some very gamey little dogs from this method.A lot of the half crosses I seen were mute and style of work gave them a short life span,even a lot of the quarters were mute.I personally never seen a good cross to the white bulls as most of them were useless anyway IMO.The bulls made a much bigger contribution to the working terrier than a lot of people care to admit.

• Like 6

britain at one time had many types of pitdog /bull terrier , even in west midlands there wasn't any one type until 1935 with kc reg, and weather the likes of Breay and Buck added some will always be debated , but what is for sure was the Nuttall terriers do carry lines back to small pit dogs from Lancaster, these were not staffs but a local type, Brian will tell you the bitches he took to Kipper and later Rusty carried lines back to these small pits

• Like 2

britain at one time had many types of pitdog /bull terrier , even in west midlands there wasn't any one type until 1935 with kc reg, and weather the likes of Breay and Buck added some will always be debated , but what is for sure was the Nuttall terriers do carry lines back to small pit dogs from Lancaster, these were not staffs but a local type, Brian will tell you the bitches he took to Kipper and later Rusty carried lines back to these small pits

I've always believed the story's i was told, wherever the cuts were, dug terriers were there!

It stands up, I've seen many photos of the navvies with bull like terriers and kerry & felly types. Then the barge travelers followed, look at the old canal maps and where they went and where they past through...

I've heard Brian say they did and that they didn't... Dependent on the time (80's, 90's etc) and audience...

Liam's on the money Uru. :thumbs:

I've heard Brian say they did and that they didn't... Dependent on the time (80's, 90's etc) and audience...

dont they all love an audience eh. B.
  • Like 2

dont they all love an audience eh. B.

:yes::laugh::thumbs: