School Wall Collapses On A Girl :(

I hope health and safety get the feckers who built the wall and didn't secure it right as they would have known it's a school and there is going to be children there at some point in the day .. It's a shambles that's people leave work like that and don't address the situation in hand at the time when it was flagged !!!!!

:(

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Safe at school? Where did you go to school? Mine made Beirut look like Butlins.....   Poor lassie, parents will be distraught...

Bet ready mixed mortar was used that stuff is shit

If it wasn't an existing wall that is as I dowt it was .. And I no what you mean gonetoearth as I'm also in the building trade and work for a roofing company and we do many up on many school roofs and they are always on a tight budget with things !!

I hope health and safety get the feckers who built the wall and didn't secure it right as they would have known it's a school and there is going to be children there at some point in the day .. It's a shambles that's people leave work like that and don't address the situation in hand at the time when it was flagged !!!!!

:(

. Problem is mate the hse is over streached the have cut their in inspectors by a third. Closing offices all over the country , washing their hands of hs and putting it firmly in the hands of the private sector constuction HnS lol. Sit in front of a pc and press buttons get a cs card and go site were a hi vi hard hat and thats it , the education department used to have it own inspectorate and local authority's controlled the work , now the heads call in out side surveyors and eng all good but then the head has to decide on roof repairs or new laptops or books , We repaid a school recently. Were they had Ring fenced part of the building as they could not afforf to carry out repairs while we send money all over the fooking world to educate and feed others are own suffer.

Tragic loss.

Just don't understand how a wall in a school could fall over and kill a teenager.

When I first seen it on the news.

I thought it was maybe the harrolding and cement had been lose.

You know when it's damp and comes away from the wall.

I was thinking she leaned on it and bit fell on her head.

But a fookin wall in a building.

It's a disgrace.

Budgets are to blame, though safety needs to remain PARAMOUNT so in my opinion the school is still to blame here. No chance they didn't know about the danger waaay before anything happened. I don't understand how something like this can be allowed to happen, yet kids can barely do anything now without health and safety finding a way to stop any freedom or fun.

It was on the news it was a modesty wall (sure that's what they're called)

If it's the same thing I'm thinking of, we had them in our PE changing rooms.

They don't go all the way to the ceiling and normally tiled , years of steam and damp humidity has taken it's toll.

Poor wee soul RIP

They don't go all the way to the ceiling and normally tiled , years of steam and damp humidity has taken it's toll.

Poor wee soul RIP

. Shit was it. But seen pics on tell the school looked pretty modern and most have updated them with pannels at the top fixed to the soffit and for a young girl who looked quit slim to have leaned on it and caused structural collapse !!!!

Poor wee soul RIP

:yes: the wall was free standing. f***ing stupid, no corners or tied in anywhere, it will only ever be as strong as the mortar beds between the bricks/blocks and it will weaken in a damp area as you've said.

Poor wee soul RIP

. Shit was it. But seen pics on tell the school looked pretty modern and most have updated them with pannels at the top fixed to the soffit and for a young girl who looked quit slim to have leaned on it and caused structural collapse !!!!
Bet ready mixed mortar was used that stuff is shit
  • Like 1

Dodgy wall or not it's not often they just fall over. Be interesting to see if anyone pushed it. So sad for the family though. School will have to take the brunt of this one since it was reported unsafe a month ago.

Dodgy wall or not it's not often they just fall over. Be interesting to see if anyone pushed it. So sad for the family though. School will have to take the brunt of this one since it was reported unsafe a month ago.

. Man slaughter

. Man slaughter

I hope it is just a real unfortunate accident. Bit funny that the kids all new the wall was shaky and the next month it's down. Doubt anyone expected anyone to get hurt, let alone die but you know what kids are like. Really hope I'm wrong.

Some wee laddie fell down a lift shaft in the same school.

Didn't even know they had lifts in schools lol

Lab you know what kids are like they would have been pushing jumping on the wall. Especially if they noticed it was moving,

Still should have been checked. That's what janitors are for. Think since schools went to private companies profit is more an issue to them.