Best Zero Range For Both .177 And .22

I cut stencils out of 12mm ply of rabbits, squirrels, rats or magpies. Then you can spray, I use road marking paint, a silhouette of what ever it is your going to be shooting at on to any thing, card board boxes, bits of wood, whatever. Set them out every 10 yards and shoot at them. If you are getting good groups in the head you know your going to be killing it out in the field. I think you can get a bit fixated on hitting smack bang dead center of a paper target, I know I used to,  and for me this works much better. It gives more confidence when you see a true to life outline of your quarry with a shot in it that you know would have killed. If you use cardboard boxes you can place them down at random distances, this is good for trying to judge distance by eye. I've even bought small cuddly toys from charity shops to shoot at. Makes a change and focuses your mind.

• Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me. Shooting with a sub-12 ft/lb spring rifle. Scope on 6-8 magnification and parallax correctly set for zero range distance:   .177 40 metres for .177 is the optimum = Enables some serious lon

I use chairgun myself There are a lot of factors to account for your optimum zero Scope hight for example and sightbase That is centre of scope to Muzzle However sightbase doesn't seem to have too

As i hide shoot a lot i find a range finder a very useful tool.I range the sitty tree once only and i know exactly my distance. Many a time when walking my GSP gun dog i take my range fin

Posted Images

Yep, good call Pledgey :good:.

I like to simulate whatever I`m after too.

When static hunting, I`ll laze the distances I`ll be shooting, go away and practice " range specific".

Very effective shooting.

Sorry about the pigeon head lads  :feck:

5a907b178c2de_IMG_0072(1).thumb.JPG.9cdd68a7652e4fa4965928484bf8f308.JPG

• Like 1