Hillsborough Disaster

Hillsborough disaster inquests to open

Long-awaited fresh inquests into the deaths of the 96 people killed in the Hillsborough disaster will begin today.

Most of the day is expected to be taken up with jury selection for the hearing, taking place on the outskirts of Warrington, Cheshire, which is expected to last for several months.

There are due to be opening statements from the coroner and the families this week, with background "pen portraits'' of all the victims being presented to the court over the next month.

i still see 2 lads who i grew up with 1 is still not right as his head swelled up the size of a pillow case through being squashed and the other was in a coma for a month and made a full recovery and sadly a lad my age who i used to play football with was 1 of the 96 R.I.P

• Like 1

Hope he gets justice pip :thumbs:

gary the lad whos head swelled had to endure years of therapy so he could walk and get his whole body moving again i know he got a huge pay out but i dont think any amount of money could compensate for what hes gone through and his family

• Like 3

Im not trying to hurt anyones feelings or disregard the thoughts of familys and friends involed in the tradgedy

It was a very sad and emotional day for a lot of people.

But I think its very hard to compare the disater that happened that day with anything today.

Dont get me wrong there is people liable.

Football terraces have changed so much since the 80s.

The amount of people that use to jump the gates for free or get in in the second half.

The list is endless.

The coppers or stewards shouldnt have opened the gates.

It was the done thing at footaball terraces.