Pulsar Forward Dfa75

Hi Chaps

I've just come to the end of a demo week of a pulsar forward dfa75 and am very impressed with the quality of this night vision attachment.

My only query is actually how good are they, has anyone out there had experience with them in the field (more than me) and are they worth the money? am i better purchasing something else for less etc. I have a fairly new vortex viper scope on my 223 which is pushing me more towards the dfa75 over a nv scope. Also if i do end up getting the dfa75 i am going to have to get a better ir illumination than the one supplied so can anyone suggest a good one for reasonable money as i will be rather skint after the dfa75.

Any helps much appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Chris

Also thinking of adding a dfa 75 to my 223. How much clearance between the scope and the barrel do you need to fit the dfa?

Appreciate that it does not answer your question, but thanks for any help you can give.

Also Chris :victory:

Wish i had found out before i arranged the demo, i had to get some more mounts as the ones i had were too low, just measure mine now and id say you want at least a 10mm gap from your barrel to the bottom of your scope.

Hi Chaps

I've just come to the end of a demo week of a pulsar forward dfa75 and am very impressed with the quality of this night vision attachment.

My only query is actually how good are they, has anyone out there had experience with them in the field (more than me) and are they worth the money? am i better purchasing something else for less etc. I have a fairly new vortex viper scope on my 223 which is pushing me more towards the dfa75 over a nv scope. Also if i do end up getting the dfa75 i am going to have to get a better ir illumination than the one supplied so can anyone suggest a good one for reasonable money as i will be rather skint after the dfa75.

Any helps much appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Chris if you speak to the main distributor TJ they will confirm the DFA75 gives a slightly better image than the N750, the best method to setup the unit is using the parallel option, then adjust your scope elevation, the required clicks, when not using it adjust the scope back to its original elevation setting... This way your not working out weird trajectories if setup the standard way.

If you wish to purchase a DFA75 all well and good, but please do your research.

The DFA75 and the PS22 front add-ons are not very good, you can end up re-zero your unit in every time you mount it as it suffers from POI shift, the only front add-ons that don't do this cost over £5000 , have a read here on front add-ons http://www.nightvisionforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148

also this was said about the DFA75 from an owner

I've had a DFA 75 now for a number of months being one of the first in the UK to purchase one. How often do I use it? I don't! The unit is currently zeroed to an air rifle, but to be honest I don't like it and I've been really disappointed with it to the point where I would say that it has currently been my single most expensive waste of money.

I just don't like to see people waste their money on NV , how many reviews can you find by people who actually own a DFA75 ? not many , now if this unit was that good the internet would be flooded with good reviews by owners but all you will find is good reviews by sellers or retailers.

• 4 weeks later...

i have had a forward DFA75 for about 6 months now and i have had no issue with having to rezero aslong as the adapter ring is secure and tight then there should be no issue with having to rezero it everytime you refit the DFA onto your daysight

A friend had one, not sure if it was duff or not but he had no end of problems. never trusted it. couldn't take it off the scope as the + shifted. couldn't switch between rifles as it shifted. lost total faith in it and sent it back after 6 months trying to get on with it.

• 1 month later...

i have heard that pulsar have now brought out metal adapers for the DFA now which is supposed to help the + shift, and prevent problems. so i dont know weather this is true or not, but time will tell

Thanks G