• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heard one at 9 tonight,we got one inside the clock in the kitchen

i had a german cuckoo clock sounded more like fook you ---- probly was been as it was made for the english market just after the war...

bosun last week i heard that shrill cry you describe, and looking up i saw 3 buzzards and 4 red kites all riding the same thermal, spiralling up one above the other. twas brilliant

I have not heard one round here for about five years. Sad times

Nope, me either. As you say, loads of Lappys and Curlew, the field in front of mine is chock full every year.

We had a GS Woodpecker here last year, knocking feck out of the electric pylon (wood) last year, it'd be nice to see him again and our resident Spa will be getting herself ready to give our flock of hedge sparrows a bit of stick come nesting.

Though my fave birdy thing last summer... Hearing that shrill call and looking up to see two or three Buzzard specks circling high in a blue, blue sky and not a cloud in sight, now there's summer for ya..! :yes:

Nope, me either. As you say, loads of Lappys and Curlew, the field in front of mine is chock full every year.

We had a GS Woodpecker here last year, knocking feck out of the electric pylon (wood) last year, it'd be nice to see him again and our resident Spa will be getting herself ready to give our flock of hedge sparrows a bit of stick come nesting.

Though my fave birdy thing last summer... Hearing that shrill call and looking up to see two or three Buzzard specks circling high in a blue, blue sky and not a cloud in sight, now there's summer for ya..! :yes:

bosun last week i heard that shrill cry you describe, and looking up i saw 3 buzzards and 4 red kites all riding the same thermal, spiralling up one above the other. twas brilliant

• Like 2

Last year was another great year for Cuckoo's here, heard a couple of them cuckooing there territory in the woods behind my house. Me and the missus thought we heard a hen bird last week but I thought it was a tad early to be one so was probably mistaken. :thumbs:

I don't think they would be a flock of Hedge Sparrows buddy...or did you mean sparrows that live in the hedge?

that many buzzards here its a joke :censored:

had a release project here around 6-8 year ago buzzards and kite`s we`ve got loads of breeding pairs now ......you may of come under the same project paulus?

I don't think they would be a flock of Hedge Sparrows buddy...or did you mean sparrows that live in the hedge?

No, I didn't mean Dunnocks, just simply the house sparrows that live and die in my hedges.

No, I didn't mean Dunnocks, just simply the house sparrows that live and die in my hedges.

sparrows that flock to your hedge ---- ;) got em here there hitting the feeders big time at the min.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Nice to see. They're making a bit of a comeback around these parts. Tree sparrows are very nice, but Dunnocks get my vote every time, I've had a few of them over the years when I had my aviaries.....great bird!