• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heard one at 9 tonight,we got one inside the clock in the kitchen

i had a german cuckoo clock sounded more like fook you ---- probly was been as it was made for the english market just after the war...

bosun last week i heard that shrill cry you describe, and looking up i saw 3 buzzards and 4 red kites all riding the same thermal, spiralling up one above the other. twas brilliant

I have not heard a Cuckoo for about 30 years, I don't know why but this area just does not seem to hold them. or it could be that I do not get out in the countryside as much in the summer as I did when I was a kid. When I was a kid the magical date was usually around the 25th of April.

TC

when i was a kid the sound of the cuckoo was a bit of a inspiration to get up and crack on when i got married and moved here i thought i`d miss the sound of him ----- i woke up on that first morning with the distant sound of a cuckoo :thumbs:

• Like 1

Fishing the canal we'd regularly here cuckoos in the cast reed beds which make up the Exe estuary, not heard them in a while, I think a few early morning walks down that way are required in the next month or 2

Saw loads of lapwings this year, and curlews around the estuary

Also more woodcock this year than I've seen in a long time, dozens whilst lamping..... Would the ugh winds gave a bearing on that?

see and hear curlews every year, a very eerie sound early mornings as for cuckoos, year before last was the last time i saw one, look very much like spars when flying in appearance but there flight patten is very different to a spar.

Greenman; That paper was largely extrapolated from data input by the BTO. I'm one of the vast army of volunteers who feed the BTO that source data in the first place.

I'm not 'crying out for science'. I'm working away, day in, day out, year on year, helping write it ;)

Greenman; That paper was largely extrapolated from data input by the BTO. I'm one of the vast army of volunteers who feed the BTO that source data in the first place.

I'm not 'crying out for science'. I'm working away, day in, day out, year on year, helping write it ;)

See reading that Pete, I was brought right back to your I'm in charge of the chat room threads :laugh: ffs

Lost me, Baw burger. Not hard right now though. My back just went and I've dropped a proscribed valium. Now, everything's moving in slow motion and I feel my thought process have about crashed to the level of a lobotomised retard.

RSPB buy land and kick the odd door in. BTO counts birds. That's all I'm trying to convey here. Right now? I think I'd get to three and forget what I was doing :laugh:

Wow! This is quite freaky. It's a bit like being a brain damaged, drunken quadriplegic. Nothing's functioning at all right, yet I'm totally aware of how poorly I'm performing.

Just scratched my eyebrow. What an effort That was :laugh: FFS!

Lost me, Baw burger. Not hard right now though. My back just went and I've dropped a proscribed valium. Now, everything's moving in slow motion and I feel my thought process have about crashed to the level of a lobotomised retard.

RSPB buy land and kick the odd door in. BTO counts birds. That's all I'm trying to convey here. Right now? I think I'd get to three and forget what I was doing :laugh:

Wow! This is quite freaky. It's a bit like being a brain damaged, drunken quadriplegic. Nothing's functioning at all right, yet I'm totally aware of how poorly I'm performing.

Just scratched my eyebrow. What an effort That was :laugh: FFS!

ffs that made me chuckle

enjoy mate haha

• Like 1

That makes two of us then.

• Like 1

See reading that Pete, I was brought right back to your I'm in charge of the chat room threads :laugh: ffs

Baw, I'm starting to like you, considering you appear to be a transgender anti policemen/women that's not a good thing. Aren't you Scottish too? I think I'm going to throw up.