Hunting With English Bull Terriers?

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

john cotton you d be surprised mate there some very good ebts in this country that will hunt boar deer catch and hold my mate has a few ones just come back from france were hes been used for boar and exelled at it ive just sent an alaunte out there and hes coming on just fine next season will tell

• Like 1

my uncle had one called "roscoe" was a bit of a legend in leeds in the early 80s used to draw anything , fond memorys of growing up around this dog, was a fecker with other dogs , remember him taking a lab out in rounday park lake, like a torpedo :)

my uncle had one called "roscoe" was a bit of a legend in leeds in the early 80s used to draw anything , fond memorys of growing up around this dog, was a fecker with other dogs , remember him taking a lab out in rounday park lake, like a torpedo :)

Has any body got any pictures of there Ebts hunting, love these dogs :bye:

• 2 months later...

I know in the southern U.S were I am. From a lot of hog hunter run them as catch dogs but I have been thinking about seeing what there would do as a catch dog for coyote's and coon sometimes when we run coon the tracking dog get one on the ground and it takes a hard dog to deal with a big coon and on the coyotes the tracking dogs just push them until they are running in a big loop and can get ahead of them I could use any input from you all on what you would think I have never hunted hog but from what I Read any dog that can stop a bor hog should be OK for what I am thinking

I had one some years back black pied bitch was a house dog soft as shit in house and round people with the other dogs ,but one day while I was out checking the fox traps she took a nip off vixen my god she was unstoppable nearly smashed the cage to bits to get to it ,from then on she became my draw dog hard as nails, bushed any cover,got in anywhere you would not believe were she got .but still slept on my daughters bed every night . I think you want the athletic type they have guts and stamina to work all day.butlook for working ones there must be ones in us but oz lads have them and work them

What does a draw do does that mine when a animal goeas to ground that the dog. That brings it out if it is that could be good on coon when they go to ground but on the one were people run them on hogs I have never seen on in real life just in pictures they look kind of small and short legs to have any kind of speed but the ones from a working line could be a total different dog I was just wanted to ask any of you All that has run them

They are faster than you think over a short run and very powerfull I can tell you that and a bite second to none and as game as any bull dog and never let go and don't seem to mind any pain just wag there tails and continue with there job to the end ...try one you will not be disappointed