Ppu Ammo Stockists In West Of Scotland

Anyone know of any stockists of Prvi partizan .243 ammo in the Ayrshire/ Glasgow area?

Going to set the sights on new rifle tomorrow and might as well try this ammo given it's less than half the price of brand names.

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Striker

If you're setting the sights for the first time you might want to try something more 'reliable'. This brand seems to present some accuracy issues for a range of guns and whilst you'll get on paper it might not group as you'd expect which then leaves you wondering about the effectiveness of the scope (I've been there recently).

If you've got some regular ammo with the right weight for your barrel twist then I'd stick with that for a new scope zero. At leas then you'll know that's ok before switching across to the cheaper less reliable stuff. Too many new variables in the equation can have you wasting too much time and ammo.

I've got a Howa 1500 in .243 and I used Geco 76gr to sight it in then tested the Geco 105gr and have two boxes of the PPU 90 grain to test tomorrow but fully expecting them to perform less consistently than the Geco.

Of course, it's your rifle and time but worth considering.

Have fun regardless of which ammo you pick up :thumbs:

• Like 1

I use ppu ammo in my 6.5x55 and get excellent grouping ……..but like chuck said some rifles eat em for fun some hate em …….if you get stuck for ammo Henry Kranks firearms from bradford is a supplier of this ammo and will send a minimum order of 100 rds to your local firearms dealer …….well worth the money if your rifle likes them ….90 grain are £62 per 100 , 100 grain are £65 per 100…….good luck with them hope ya rifle likes them they will save you a few pounds if it does

• Like 2

I've got a box of winchester 80g there to try tomorrow when zeroing , of which I have some leftover from breaking in the barrel. Will see how they perform tomorrow, if they group we'll great, if not my next stop will be to try PPU.

I'm looking for a local dealer as I've only got right to buy 60 on my licence atm which may prove to be a pain.

I've got a box of winchester 80g there to try tomorrow when zeroing , of which I have some leftover from breaking in the barrel. Will see how they perform tomorrow, if they group we'll great, if not my next stop will be to try PPU.

I'm looking for a local dealer as I've only got right to buy 60 on my licence atm which may prove to be a pain.

I think as long as you get your scope sorted then that's the main thing. Like I said, as soon as my scope was done I've picked up a couple of boxes of the 90gr to try out. Hope they do work well with my rifle as it will save me a packet in the long run - not planning on home loading anytime soon.

Please shout back with how you get on. What sort of rifle do you have?

Hi Striker, where in Ayrshire are you? I use PPU, great bullets in both 22-250 and 243. Forget all the crap quality talk, PPU manufacture bullets for Lapua amongst other and also the US military.

Hi I'm in East ayrshire, Auchinleck. Where do you get ammo from?

I think as long as you get your scope sorted then that's the main thing. Like I said, as soon as my scope was done I've picked up a couple of boxes of the 90gr to try out. Hope they do work well with my rifle as it will save me a packet in the long run - not planning on home loading anytime soon.

I recently posted a separate topic on my new rifle. I bought the Browning A bolt in .243. Will post photo of my targets with grouping shots results at the weekend and let you know how I got on with the Winchester 80g. I missed my big target board set up with first few bullets when breaking rifle in from 150yds so imagine I might need the whole box to get it close to the bullseye as they say!

I recently posted a separate topic on my new rifle. I bought the Browning A bolt in .243. Will post photo of my targets with grouping shots results at the weekend and let you know how I got on with the Winchester 80g. I missed my big target board set up with first few bullets when breaking rifle in from 150yds so imagine I might need the whole box to get it close to the bullseye as they say!

Excellent, I'll have a look out for it.

Can't beat a good bore sighting by eye then getting on paper at 25 yards then taking back to 100 (then on from there if required) - should save you a few rounds

enjoy

Excellent, I'll have a look out for it.

Can't beat a good bore sighting by eye then getting on paper at 25 yards then taking back to 100 (then on from there if required) - should save you a few rounds

My update from an hour on the hillside zeroing.

13 shots later and I'm happy with the grouping. Didn't have a bipod but used the moss on the hillside as a cushion. Fired a few inches to the right with first 4 bullets, made a few clicks adjustments and getting shots within the 2inch circle target . Very happy with results and the Winchester 80g appear to be highly suitable for the rifle. Pic attached of target. All shots were fired at 125yds.

Cheers

Striker

post-61886-0-25912700-1396120343_thumb.jpg

can never seem to up load pics in here striker…….but imo you won't go to far wrong with ppu……..i recently got a grouping @ 125yds what ya could cover with a 20p piece …….and at £12.50 a box its very happy days

• Like 2

can never seem to up load pics in here striker…….but imo you won't go to far wrong with ppu……..i recently got a grouping @ 125yds what ya could cover with a 20p piece …….and at £12.50 a box its very happy days

If you crop your pictures to less than 500kb it will let you attach pics.

Nicely done! Your grouping is better than your drawing skills :tongue2:

How did the moss hold up as a makeshift bipod? I've been known to use a hoodie all rolled up and tucked into the hood to make a softish lump to rest on. Still can't bring myself to spend £90 on a Harris bipod and I'm unsure that any others would hold up well enough.

Time to crack out the PPUs and see if they float your boat as much!