The Fence Saga Continues...

Right, you know I've helped a mate build a 6ft fence and gate. Well, he phoned me last night, a neighbour saw a guy taking photos of it. Done a bit of digging and it turns out the guy is a surveyor from the council. What's the rules here? The fence isn't a boundary fence to any other property, is parallel with the front of his house for a bit then runs the length of his back garden. It's a rented house of the council, should he have asked permission to build a fence? Only the part running at the side parallel with his house is new, it replaced the hedge. It doesn't infringe on a single person but obviously some c**ts complained :hmm:

Right, you know I've helped a mate build a 6ft fence and gate. Well, he phoned me last night, a neighbour saw a guy taking photos of it. Done a bit of digging and it turns out the guy is a surveyor from the council. What's the rules here? The fence isn't a boundary fence to any other property, is parallel with the front of his house for a bit then runs the length of his back garden. It's a rented house of the council, should he have asked permission to build a fence? Only the part running at the side parallel with his house is new, it replaced the hedge. It doesn't infringe on a single person but obviously some c**ts complained :hmm:

if the adjoining houses are also local authority owned then he is responsible for fencing the right hand side with the usual height restrictions, if the adjoining properties are privately owned then he has to keep any boundary fence inside his boundary as they own up to that boundary and he would need there approval to erect a fence on that boundary.

I think it's a disgrace, people putting up illegal fences without any consideration to the poor trees cut down to make them, just to be ripped down.

These trees come from the forests where B.O.P. use as hunting grounds and roosting sights.

I find you guilty already and sentence you to LIFE.

L... league

I.... Illegal

F... Fence

E... erectors.

• Like 2

Is this the fence made out of pallets? :laugh: Maybe it's the way it looks rather than the height they are bothered about. "Your mate's" :laugh: neighbour saw a man with a camera and they know it's a surveyor?

At the risk of sounding smug, I'd have found out the law before I built it instead of after.

just rang my mate he says he thinks some councils only allow a 3 foot boundary fence ----------------- fences built within your boundary can be subject to permmision re height his advice stain it and put some hanging baskets on it before they come again make it look as nice n tidy as possible :thumbs: ..... http://www.boundary-problems.co.uk/boundary-problems/fences.html

:laugh: it ain't a boundary fence to any other property, just waste land. He never took a photo of the side, just from the front of the house. The fence looks good, came up cracking, I'd say its the best in his area :D

Thanks stig :thumbs: the thing is, the part that you could call a boundary fence was already 6ft, it was the part at the side that runs parallel with the from of his house they took a photo of where the hedge was. The hedge was over 6ft lol.

Maybe it was google maps taking pics?

I think he was taking photos to enter it into a competition :D just have to wait and see what happens I suppose. Pretty sad folk report others for building a fence that doesn't interfere with a single soul.

or if its that good the tourist board :whistling:

be for a tourist information leaflet things to see on a day trip :laugh: be bus loads of pensioners going past next week ladies and gentlemen to our left we have -------------------------------

Edited by the_stig

I think he was taking photos to enter it into a competition :D just have to wait and see what happens I suppose. Pretty sad folk report others for building a fence that doesn't interfere with a single soul.

its would be a sad state of affairs baw. trouble is theres to many fecking busy bodies more interested in poking ther nose into other folks buisness.

• Like 1

its would be a sad state of affairs baw. trouble is theres to many fecking busy bodies more interested in poking ther nose into other folks buisness.

its because its a fekin eyesore :laugh: