Bull Whippet Vs Beddy Whippet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 20" 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy, shes a decent mooching companion she keeps going all day and considering shes not got much of a coat on her will crash through cover for fun. Im more than pleased with he

a well bred working whippet would suit you a lot better on small fields and would leave the crosses you mention for dead

I have to say I`m over the moon with my Beddy Whippet, although, it must have been a fuckingbig whippet ! Eh Ross !? lol   His nose is outstanding, as is his retrieval. He has picked up marking and

Posted Images

I,v seen both the bull cross and beddy cross work and i think if i wanted a bull x whippet i,d look for a 3/4 whippet 1/4 bull, i think a 1/4 bull is all it needs, having said that i had the chance of both when i was looking for an all round rabbit dog and went for a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy, imo a half cross of both types can lack the speed needed to be an all rounder on bunnys, certainly on the type of open ground i like to work, and as a bonus mine picks up the odd big bunny if things are in her favor.

Must admit I've seen a couple of bedlington whippets work seen one that is supposed to be a rated ferreting dog lets just say my ferrets stayed in the carry box it was fine until there was a drop in the action then if it didn't feck off hunting up it would have head down a hole whining. I've never seen one bring live rabbits back to hand either. Then there's one I know of not straight beddie/whippet but Beddie/grey x whippet I think great nose on him and finishes his quarry with minimum of fuss for his size I've seen him have some testing runs and I've never heard him open up the only downside is he's abit short in the shoulder for lamping but he lives for one quarry and that ain't bunnies. One thing I will say for these little types though is they allways seem to have a fairly decent nose and don't need encouragement to use it. Atb

Bull whippet goes in cover very good nose on her use her for bushing ferreting an general mooching around this bitch was putting terriers to same last season Ive bred off her to a bull whippet dog if she as taken there could be some pups if you decide on a bull whippet

Not all beddy x do that gaz

I'm sure they don't mate. That beddy Greyhound I had here was ALOT steadier than the beddy whippets I've seen. Although he still had some of the traits I mentioned above.

I've seen a lot of whippets with terrier like attitudes. I know they aren't all like this but it seems that if you use one of these whippets and a beddy then you are gonna be getting the type I've seen.

Perhaps like with everything it's about using the right parents.

• Like 1

I have to say I`m over the moon with my Beddy Whippet, although, it must have been a fuckingbig whippet ! Eh Ross !? lol

His nose is outstanding, as is his retrieval.

He has picked up marking and ferreting work easily and is commited as hell.

He hasn`t been tried yet, but I can tell you now, it would have to be an evil fox that stopped him, cause he hates the feckers with a vengeance. Near tore my arm off one night.

He has his faults,, he can sometimes give the rabbits a terrier shake, and he is not the most sociable with other dogs. No problems, just nervousness and a bit skittish with some.

Like I say,, totally over the bloody moon.

LAGOONS010_zpsd69c2214.jpg

LAGOONS012_zps3c34422f.jpg

• Like 3

Out of the two i find my bull x whippet is the steadier one, i don't have to watch where she is

she will place her self where shes needed when ferreting, when bushing she actively listens and watches

where the beddie x's are and will follow the activity to place herself, shes not the fastest dog especially as shes only 3 legs

and she wont go in to heavy cover, she marks just as good as the beddie x's - she would go all day up to the point of dropping

obedience is second to non, unlike the beddie x's when on a scent or on quarry she will recall,

she has a crap retrieve though.

The beddie x's, think it does depend on how there bred, some lack top speed some don't, mine will hunt up given the chance

they can be head strong at times, mark well, have only ever head any of mine yap when frustrated - some have very strong pray drive

which can be hard work as they don't listen, they will go in to any type of cover - even crawling if they have to, retrieve if trained properly they

wont hesitate to bring anything back, the only thing i've found is you do something wrong ie to heavy handed with them and they don't forgive you

unlike the bull x who will do almost anything for you, the beddie x needs to think about it first, with both of mine i've stood there and recalled them

only for them to look at me and carry on their merry way lol - were as my bull x would be there instantly,

the beddie x like the bull x will go all day.

i don't do lamping, but would think the bull x would be a bit to heavy