Browning A Bolt .243

Recently purchased a new Browning A Bolt .243 and currently breaking the gun in. Couple of questions for the guys on here:

- Has anyone used an A Bolt on here and what was your view on your experience of using this rifle?

- I'm trying Winchester 80g bullets to start and see how they pan out initially. What bullets did you find suited the gun? I've watched a review on YouTube which grouped within 1inch using 55g hollow points.

Cheers

Striker

i have the x-bolt ……and found the cheapest ppu ammo suits mine best ……..excellent grouping @ £12.50 a box ……..paid £26 + for branded names and they got spat all over ………….not always a case of expensive is best ……..different rifles like different ammo……..start with the cheapest find one ya rifle likes ………STICK WITH IT

• Like 2

A Bolt in .243 new costs between £510-569 depending where you buy it. The gunsmith talked me into it after having narrowed down my preference to either the browning A Bolt or the tikka T3.

The T8 mod wasn't a perfect fit on it for some strange reason so it's got the blazer to put on it.

Hi, I've got an 'A' Bolt Medalion in .270Win. had mine for 12 years from new, great rifle and very accurate with my handloads, mine's got a Wildcat Predator 8

moderator, threaded onto the Boss muzzle brake thread.

The 270 is a large and potent cartridge, and the A Bolt a small and lightly built rifle but even with the 'skinny' sporter barrel it shoots 3/4" 100 yard groups

all day long, and has killed loads of Deer.

The only improvement on mine is a very light self fitted Timney trigger spring, and the recoil is no worse than a 12g shotgun.

Gets my vote!

AndyF

• Like 1