Anyone Make Perks ?

Hi chaps, got a cod trip booked out of Whitby next week over to Norway and need to make some perks, got some shiny ally bar that I'm going to fill with lead. How long do they need to be and do you hammer the ends flat or saw them off at on angle ? Also what size hooks ? Any other advice you can give greatly accepted !

It depends on the diameter of the tube as to how long they will need to be. we used to get tube that was roughly 20mm -25mm. this was cut into lengths of about eight inches. we used to cut them on an angle[about 45 degrees]then you dont have to bash the ends flat to drill them for the split ring. try making one at about 8 inches, weigh it, if its too heavy shorten it till you find the weight your after[we used to make them 16-20 oz] for whitby, Or longer if they arent heavy enough. as for hook size, massive trebles cod have gobs like coal buckets, Hope this helps,Bry

• Like 1

Is that a tablet flipper, never heard of em. Just started to feel abit iffy on the last couple of trips but as this ones 36 hours deffo abit worried, it's along time to be chucking ! I've heard of quells was goin to take them ?

Hi chaps, got a cod trip booked out of Whitby next week over to Norway and need to make some perks, got some shiny ally bar that I'm going to fill with lead. How long do they need to be and do you hammer the ends flat or saw them off at on angle ? Also what size hooks ? Any other advice you can give greatly accepted !

I look forward to reading the report on how you get on .

how often do they do a Norway trip and at what cost pm if you like .