Best Times For Squirrel? Any Tips?

My perm is a big 100 acre farm, and i usually hunt rabbit and pigeon.

However, the perm is also a wedding venue, and the farmer is having trouble with squirrels causing damage to the gardens around the venue, and they need dealing with as the venue is coming up to 'wedding season' as he put it

Im not too experienced with squirrel - ive put up a couple of feeders and they seem to be being used.

so whats the best way to hunt them? am i best off with a hide nearby the feeder and waiting or is stalking best? what sort of times do squirrel generally feed?

Ive had a few by stalking so far, but it seems like hard work as they are just so aware!

thanks in advance for any help

yup, get a pop up hide unless farmer lets you build one , and lots of squirrel feeding platforms with good backstops, cheap cornflakes work well

IMAG0362_zps9f242940.jpg

if you have, or can borrow a trail camera to place on the feeders, that would give you a heads up on regular feeding times, otherwise its trial an error of you trying different times, early morning/dawn is a good one for me

• Like 1

I assume not. The buggers chew through anything to get to the food. Plasterboard, timber, mdf, nothing stops them. My feeder is now falling apart and it's not because I've shot it (ok I have shot it a couple of time...).

thanks lads il give it a go.

Is that metal sheeting on your feeders above stubby??

I assume thats for pellet protection

yes mates, thats so you can shot them whilst they feed, without shooting up the feeder, both of these have been on trees in my woodland for around 6 months, and still going strong