Help please what is the Best method to stop cocks eating eggs other than culling as I need him for breeding? And the eggs that are fertile or presume fertile I can't check because the thing eats them straight away any thoughts welcome..

I'm at work when they lay I've got a teepee so I'll teather him to that in a morning and put him back in at night when I'm home I think see how he gets on with that cheers for replies..

Have you seen the cock doing it? I have 1 cock they when I go to the pen he will be pecking around like he's finding food for the hen then he will start pecking the egg. Empty some eggs with a syringe and fill it back up with curry powder mixed with vinegar or something nasty, worked for me

Have you seen the cock doing it? I have 1 cock they when I go to the pen he will be pecking around like he's finding food for the hen then he will start pecking the egg. Empty some eggs with a syringe and fill it back up with curry powder mixed with vinegar or something nasty, worked for me

this my work on a rare ocassin but it fail most of time.... Not a good method.... In my onast opinion.... Ukroosterman

I would build a long wooden Nest Box, with four solid sides, long enough so the actual Nest can't be reached by the Cock reaching in and high enough so the Hen can get off the Nest easily. Get a Jigsaw and cut out a small vertical Oval in the end, just big enough for a Hen to get into the Nest Box. Obviously you need to put a Hinged top, to collect Eggs. It is easier to stop a Cock doing it than the Hen, so be thankful for that. Provide year round Grit and Shell to your Birds, even crunch up the Shells of Eggs you eat. There are lots of ways to try to stop Egg eating, some work, some don't, but try the ones you hear about and see what works for you.

I don't leave Eggs in the Nests in plain sight, other than the China one or Golf Ball. I give Shell and Grit year round, along with a BALANCED DIET. I also rotate the Birds around different Pens.

Double check it is the Cock actually doing the initial Egg cracking, just because you catch him eating them, it doesn't mean he is the guilty one. A clumsy Hen, a Hen with Spurs, an overweight Hen and even a Hen who eats Eggs, lacking minerals, could be guilty. The Cock will chase a Hen off a tasty morsel and then encourage her back to eat as a method of 'Courting'. You may catch him at it first and it isn't him. Either way, build a Nest Box like the above and it has sorted it for me before.