Old School Russells

Guest foxpack

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st dig to him yesterday in just over a year,didn't think I would be digging him again.

A warm ride home after a long wet day

I go on about this sort of thing to my kids all the time. I walk around my old council estate now and see nothing but shite, un kept gardens, rubbish everywhere and just no pride. When I grew up every

Posted Images

ee201_zps6cc1de71.jpg

is this dog supposed to be working and if so what age is he?

If you're referring to the lack of marks on the dog, bear in mind that he's a Russell.

Also bare in mind some folk who know feck all talk some shite at times :yes: ,a cracking looking Russell :victory:

• Like 2

ee201_zps6cc1de71.jpg

If you're referring to the lack of marks on the dog, bear in mind that he's a Russell.

Also bare in mind some folk who know feck all talk some shite at times :yes: ,a cracking looking Russell :victory:

lol.... well for starters id class them as the white lakey type....look at their coats.... but sure hey what would i know!

• Like 1

ee201_zps6cc1de71.jpg

lol.... well for starters id class them as the white lakey type....look at their coats.... but sure hey what would i know!

i realy do like the look of the white dog asked the fella if he minded me taking a pic of his dog asked him way he was bred as he put me in mind of my old dog and asked no more

ee201_zps6cc1de71.jpg

i realy do like the look of the white dog asked the fella if he minded me taking a pic of his dog asked him way he was bred as he put me in mind of my old dog and asked no more

hmmm..looks like the only people talking shite are the ones i have highlighted in red... oscet i dont even know what your statement is meant to mean...obviously you have not dug too many russells then i take it ....

.fireman as far as i can see that dog in that pic and stigs stuff are white lakey types, and all i asked was the dog working and how old it was.... now it comes out that no one knows this dog from adam and fourlurchers just took a pic of him at a show! lol only on THL..... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

ee201_zps6cc1de71.jpg

hmmm..looks like the only people talking shite are the ones i have highlighted in red... oscet i dont even know what your statement is meant to mean...obviously you have not dug too many russells then i take it ....

.fireman as far as i can see that dog in that pic and stigs stuff are white lakey types, and all i asked was the dog working and how old it was.... now it comes out that no one knows this dog from adam and fourlurchers just took a pic of him at a show! lol only on THL..... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

i know the dog :tongue2: white lakie types ;) no such thing according to most on here :D

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

That's not how you asked. Or why you asked. Have the balls to stand by what you say.

You are a digging expert and I bow to your greater knowledge. Hopefully I'll be able to get some great tips off of you and maybe one day be half the man you are.

That's not how you asked. Or why you asked. Have the balls to stand by what you say.

You are a digging expert and I bow to your greater knowledge. Hopefully I'll be able to get some great tips off of you and maybe one day be half the man you are.

Ill say this if its ok?....I asked was the dog supposed to be working.... and how old it was! thats how i asked it?...

do you know the dog or does a dogs looks win you over ?

Any man thinks hes an expert at anything is just a fool in my opinion,...... although i do love terrierwork and try and do it 3 days a week from sept through to feburary...for about the last 20 and more years.... im by no means an expert!

I do love to watch a good russell TYPE work though..... and by that i mean when u cast your eyes on it, it categorically looks like a russell TYPE.... 90% white, strong, good head jaw and bone structure and built for the job, with a smooth or feathered/broken coat and a sensible.... but a very determined and refined fox dog/bitch who is happier underground working up close and personal...... than in their kennells!

And when i cast my eye over them dogs i see white lakey TYPE... look at the top knot on the head cut..look at the dogs coat its got the lakeland 3 type coat only that dogs well sheered and stripped out.....

but hey thats just my opinion and like assholes every one has one!

But ill say this.... if doing vermin/pest control with terriers.... may it be fox underground, rats in a feeding house or pig shed.... the wee ladie's allotment next door where poision cant be used.... backyards where children play or other domestic animals come in, or mink at a stocked lake or river bank or poult shed they will take a succession of nips/bites...and you are correct a dogs does not have to be black or grey battle bites around the face though this could be depending of age and how much vermin control service that dog has been involved in.....

but a terrier while working on said pests will receive a fair few nips about the muzzle if he is doing his job efficently and properly as im sure you will know...

all of that vermin species i have just mentioned like to sink their teeth into anything and everything, but a true terrierman who knows the state of the countryside and has respect for all animal life forms will know the differce between vermin culling and vermin control!.... but you will never know that because youll be too busy bowing to lesser men like me than grabbing the shovel. :tongue2: ....

Now first off let me just say I did not try and hijack the thread with bitchiness..... more honest observancy and if this offends..

.im sorry to have busted your bubble...... and ill take a step back!

• Like 1

Ill say this if its ok?....I asked was the dog supposed to be working.... and how old it was! thats how i asked it?...

do you know the dog or does a dogs looks win you over ?

Any man thinks hes an expert at anything is just a fool in my opinion,...... although i do love terrierwork and try and do it 3 days a week from sept through to feburary...for about the last 20 and more years.... im by no means an expert!

I do love to watch a good russell TYPE work though..... and by that i mean when u cast your eyes on it, it categorically looks like a russell TYPE.... 90% white, strong, good head jaw and bone structure and built for the job, with a smooth or feathered/broken coat and a sensible.... but a very determined and refined fox dog/bitch who is happier underground working up close and personal...... than in their kennells!

And when i cast my eye over them dogs i see white lakey TYPE... look at the top knot on the head cut..look at the dogs coat its got the lakeland 3 type coat only that dogs well sheered and stripped out.....

but hey thats just my opinion and like assholes every one has one!

But ill say this.... if doing vermin/pest control with terriers.... may it be fox underground, rats in a feeding house or pig shed.... the wee ladie's allotment next door where poision cant be used.... backyards where children play or other domestic animals come in, or mink at a stocked lake or river bank or poult shed they will take a succession of nips/bites...and you are correct a dogs does not have to be black or grey battle bites around the face though this could be depending of age and how much vermin control service that dog has been involved in.....

but a terrier while working on said pests will receive a fair few nips about the muzzle if he is doing his job efficently and properly as im sure you will know...

all of that vermin species i have just mentioned like to sink their teeth into anything and everything, but a true terrierman who knows the state of the countryside and has respect for all animal life forms will know the differce between vermin culling and vermin control!.... but you will never know that because youll be too busy bowing to lesser men like me than grabbing the shovel. :tongue2: ....

Now first off let me just say I did not try and hijack the thread with bitchiness..... more honest observancy and if this offends..

.im sorry to have busted your bubble...... and ill take a step back!

Im a previous post you stated that I was talking shite and then you come out with that load of pointless waffle!!

I've put up photos of my Russell bitch. Call her what you want, I'll call her a Russell.

Maybe you should put up some photos of your Russells or White Lakies and then people can see what you're talking about.