Old School Russells

Guest foxpack

Talking of police. Another around the same time happened to a few friends I dig with, again it was to an old russell cross.

The lads were just crowning in to the dog when they heard some roaring and shouting.

An English man who'd just moved into the area had come across to the lads with his teenage son and was screaming "badger baiters" and using a pitchfork held the boys back while the son went to meet the police who had been called.

The boys were lucky enough to have had their terrier out and got a shovel in to block the dig.

Soon enough here comes a Sergeant and an officer.

He asked the boys had they permission.

They said "yes".

He asked the boys were they badger baiting.

They told the Sergeant to lift the shovel.

He did and 2 foxes bolted immediately.

"Right" said the sergeant "I've seen enough".

Turning to the two English men he told them to get off the land immediately before he done them for trespass with a deadly weapon.

The boys backfilled and went home.

They were sitting in one of their mothers kitchens drinking tea when they seen the Sergeants car pull up.

They thought "Oh shit".

In comes the Sergeant and says "you boys told me lies, you's didn't have permission."

They said "Sorry".

The Sergeant says back "well you's do now and that farmer has some badgers he wants gone."

Happier, simpler times and I'm not talking about a hundred years ago either.

OH, and there's an even happier ending (I think).

A few months later we were on the beer in Drogheda when we seen the English fellow in a pub.

One of the lads flattened him with a bar stool,

I was there for that one.

that was an entertaining read neil, :thumbs: disappointed at the end with your pal flattening your man with a bar stool........ we were given hands for more than using shovels and lifting pints!!! :boxing:

• Like 2

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st dig to him yesterday in just over a year,didn't think I would be digging him again.

A warm ride home after a long wet day

I go on about this sort of thing to my kids all the time. I walk around my old council estate now and see nothing but shite, un kept gardens, rubbish everywhere and just no pride. When I grew up every

Posted Images

Talking of police. Another around the same time happened to a few friends I dig with, again it was to an old russell cross.

The lads were just crowning in to the dog when they heard some roaring and shouting.

An English man who'd just moved into the area had come across to the lads with his teenage son and was screaming "badger baiters" and using a pitchfork held the boys back while the son went to meet the police who had been called.

The boys were lucky enough to have had their terrier out and got a shovel in to block the dig.

Soon enough here comes a Sergeant and an officer.

He asked the boys had they permission.

They said "yes".

He asked the boys were they badger baiting.

They told the Sergeant to lift the shovel.

He did and 2 foxes bolted immediately.

"Right" said the sergeant "I've seen enough".

Turning to the two English men he told them to get off the land immediately before he done them for trespass with a deadly weapon.

The boys backfilled and went home.

They were sitting in one of their mothers kitchens drinking tea when they seen the Sergeants car pull up.

They thought "Oh shit".

In comes the Sergeant and says "you boys told me lies, you's didn't have permission."

They said "Sorry".

The Sergeant says back "well you's do now and that farmer has some badgers he wants gone."

Happier, simpler times and I'm not talking about a hundred years ago either.

OH, and there's an even happier ending (I think).

A few months later we were on the beer in Drogheda when we seen the English fellow in a pub.

One of the lads flattened him with a bar stool,

I was there for that one.

the police are dicks, we were never bothered by day but at night the kunts would follow us over the ards carriageway and shine their spotlights into the fields shouting and screaming to scare everything. And on our way home they would stop us passing the police station and give us all sorts of hassle about badger baiting at night, they had our blood boiling quite a few times. But they ended up telling us they were bored and thought by following us would pass their night in. That's dundonald police station...... And in the mid 90s when we were in high school fs. Baastards

I think you'll find by my post that the police are far from dicks.

I'm not going to turn this thread into "for or against" debate but here in Eire we're lucky enough in that the Gardi (Our Police) have the common sence to know the difference between some country lads out for a bit of hunting and those that are up to no good.

Long may it continue.

• Like 5