Nail Clipping

If you haven't done it before go easy mate always possible to snip a bit more off but you cant put it back and it will bleed ,

Its dead easy with albinos you will see the vein in the nail and just stop short of that , its a wee bit harder with a coloured nail

If you got a run put it on concrete and it will naturally keep their nails down.

That didn't work for me - I kept 3 in a big run on a concrete base, 2 castrated hobs and a micro jill. The jill's nails were never much of a problem but both hobs grew nails like badgers' - the concrete didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

Rub a little wet treat they like into their chest, a little olive oil, some egg or something along those lines. Lay them on their back on your lap and cut while they lick away. Asthe guys have said don't cut in to the vein, you should be able to see it inside the nail. The front paws grow faster than the back.

Edited by GreyRake

If you got a run put it on concrete and it will naturally keep their nails down.

That didn't work for me - I kept 3 in a big run on a concrete base, 2 castrated hobs and a micro jill. The jill's nails were never much of a problem but both hobs grew nails like badgers' - the concrete didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

Someone gave me a bottle of Ferretone I just put a blob on their belly, they lick it for a while, and are perfectly still I sit on a outside chair with the ferret on my knee, and snip, and as said not into the quick.

I use the Dog nail clippers, only takes me a few mins to do three ferts.

I only clip maybe once during the summer but they mostly claw away at the wood in the hutches keeping there claws trimmed and i wont clip them from late summer as they need them for working and there out all the time keeping them down