Stoping Smoking

Almost 7 months for me.. Used patches and sucked on treble extra strong mints when I felt like a bitter.

E cigs and all these other stupid fake ciggys aren't worth a wank in my opinion.. I dont think I've met anyone that's stopped smoking fully with them. Ai bought one and had a sore throat for weeks! Done worse damage than the ciggys!!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't have done it without one,   No more nicotine stains on my fingers No more spitting up stuff I could tar the road with Breathe a lot better, and save myself a score a day. Should have don

stopped this morning. doing ok so far.

Lol I've no used it yet , just spied it when I was in the shop, was only 3quid I think.   My take on them is this. I was a heavy smoker for years, and I enjoy smoking always have done. This way im

Posted Images

:laugh:

Been smoking roll ups for 30yr now, can't beat a nice fag after a long walk with the dogs.

Also Seen a few guys stop over the years and then have every illness under the sun after.

I know what you mean mate, and there is a lot of truth in what you say. :thumbs: But I think it only lasts with ill health thing for about 6-10 months on+off. I stopped 23 years ago , and feck me did I get colds sore throats etc ,+ put 2st on .But it all did settle down after a year health got better , my weight back to normal and I felt great no more feckin coughing in the morning or out of breath. Iknow 1 thing that what I do now for my age now that's walking for 4 hours day+night in all weathers, I would struggle if I was still getting the cigs down me fact. iam fooked now with my shoulder buts just bad luck with a fall, had bad back since 80s and me knee playing up now I need fackin N06 behind the ear :laugh: .But reading this post you people are doing great trying to pack up the cancer sticks , please try to keep at it , it really will improve your health long term :yes:

15 months off the fags for me now, am still blasting away on posh vaping kit though, although am thinning my collection of that down now too, it was probably as much the fiddling with it all as the nicotine it delivers that kept me off the fags this last year!

Definitely feel loads better for it, have out a bit of weight on I suppose, but that's on it's way off again now.

Am just using a decent quality clearomiser and ego battery when out and about and a dripper when in the house, you soon get the hang of it.

House smells (or rather doesn't) loads better, I used to hate the smell in the kitchen after a ciggie, it just smells of custard now :laugh:

My last bit of elite kit, the mod part (battery) is a Super T Shockwave (ultra rare) and the dripper part is a Hellfire which basically you just wrap a little coil and use cotton wool as a wick and get loads of vapour off.

Am still on 18mg nicotine, will be cutting that down soon and looking to quit vaping too.

Anything that gets us off fags can't be bad can it?

post-939-0-33515500-1395225188_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

15 months off the fags for me now, am still blasting away on posh vaping kit though, although am thinning my collection of that down now too, it was probably as much the fiddling with it all as the nicotine it delivers that kept me off the fags this last year!

Definitely feel loads better for it, have out a bit of weight on I suppose, but that's on it's way off again now.

Am just using a decent quality clearomiser and ego battery when out and about and a dripper when in the house, you soon get the hang of it.

House smells (or rather doesn't) loads better, I used to hate the smell in the kitchen after a ciggie, it just smells of custard now :laugh:

My last bit of elite kit, the mod part (battery) is a Super T Shockwave (ultra rare) and the dripper part is a Hellfire which basically you just wrap a little coil and use cotton wool as a wick and get loads of vapour off.

Am still on 18mg nicotine, will be cutting that down soon and looking to quit vaping too.

well done Aaron :thumbs: sent you a pm.!

• Like 1

same here ray 27yrs for me ,thinking back it was a hard thing to kick the fags .just stopped completely suffered for a few weeks, butwell worth it in the end . keep it up arron and to all who have kicked it .atb bunnys.

I’ve done 10 years now off the fags, just went cold turkey. Well worth the effort, and good luck everyone that’s trying. :toast:

Now I’m off the spirits for lent.

That’s f***king hard work let me tell you. You never realise what a pisshead you are till you try and stop. :drink:

Was on 40 rollups a day (blue Drum, mmmm) since I was 14, but knocked it on the head last January after 13yrs of dedication. I had to see a mate of mine the same age go down with lung cancer from smoking, and I didn't really fancy that, plus the missus nagged me for ages to stop.

I cold turkeyed it, which was the hardest thing I've ever done. I didn't bother with patches, e-cigs or anything, just lots of normal wrigleys gum. I kept meself well away from people & went to do a job that let me stay in the woods and hit things with my axe for the first week, which helped. It wasn't easy for about 2 or 3 months, but eased up after that, and the 1 year mark was when I started drinking again too because I can trust myself to get plastered and not have a smoke now.

Good luck to those who are going to try & quit, and to those who are still smoking; you lucky sods :laugh:

Where did you get that SS

Was on 40 rollups a day (blue Drum, mmmm) since I was 14, but knocked it on the head last January after 13yrs of dedication. I had to see a mate of mine the same age go down with lung cancer from smoking, and I didn't really fancy that, plus the missus nagged me for ages to stop.

I cold turkeyed it, which was the hardest thing I've ever done. I didn't bother with patches, e-cigs or anything, just lots of normal wrigleys gum. I kept meself well away from people & went to do a job that let me stay in the woods and hit things with my axe for the first week, which helped. It wasn't easy for about 2 or 3 months, but eased up after that, and the 1 year mark was when I started drinking again too because I can trust myself to get plastered and not have a smoke now.

Good luck to those who are going to try & quit, and to those who are still smoking; you lucky sods :laugh:

that's it mate, get a good axe fook the patches :laugh: , I started running +press-ups that was as said 23 years ago, but knees are fecked now :cray:

• Like 1

Where did you get that SS

The Shockwave came from Super T in the USA and the Hellfire dripper is from N.I.

https://www.supertmanufacturing.com/

http://www.hellfiremods.co.uk/

The Shockwave you have almost no chance of getting (not being funny, just honest, there were 100 worldwide and they go for huge money now) the dripper not so hard, you just have to catch them in stock (ridiculously hard)

Or join UK Vapers and keep an eye on the classifieds, they sometimes pop up for sale.

Cheers mate , I'll check them out . I've got an ego silver one, it's an ideal size for when you out and about, got the atomiser that you just replace the wick. I was going to buy another one for the cinnamon, vanilla is the one I use most.

So was thinking of getting another one much bigger tank, and batterie life. Just for when in house. Seen them on jewtube. It's way popular in the states.they mix there own solutions Aswell.

Anyone use the atomiser that are wickless.

• Like 1