Reduction In Power

Evening all!

Received my silencer for the tx200 this morning so decided to go out for a few shots just too see the difference and couldn't help but think it has less power with the silencer attached.. Now I haven't checked it as I don't have the equiptment but the time from when I squeeze the trigger to the time the pellet hits the target seems a lot longer that when it doesn't have it attached..

I'm still new to air rifles so go easy if this is a daft question.

Atb lads

It's funny you should say that. Since it's been attached it's been sending pellets up and to the right. And it's been a nightmare to try and zero in again.

I bought the silencer off a chap off here and it would fit a tx200 and a s410 I think he said.

Was quite stiff screwing into the barrel aswell. So maybe I could of f****d the thread up abit and maybe sent it off line?

Mmm sounds odd

it wont of made it loose power that tx was so consistant me and tom did 2 tins of aa field at range and consistency stayed in the 11.5s

sounds like its clipping your silencer and sending the pellet tumbling hense slower had a similar problem with a s16 once

try remove silencer and check threads

also the cocking leaver seat had a bolt that may pertrude up in to the way of the threads on silencer so undo that bolt 1 full turn then undo silencer check its not threaded if all good re fit silencer then nip up cocking seat bolt that how I fit the whisper silencer just to be on the side of caution and was sound with that fitted

fingers crossed will do the trick mate

• Like 1

Haha I'm a thick twat I didn't know that the screw went into the barrel!!

That will be why the zero was out and hopefully why the power felt down. Thread was a tiny bit perished on silencer thread in barrel looks sweet. Just got it in another 2 and a half turns all looks good!!

Hopefully all is well with it now will check tomorrow after work! Thanks again Matt att

I re bated the bolt as much as poss took 3 attempts lol

but may be 1-2mm into the threads so I undid 1 turn to be safe on cocking seat.

But sure (well hope) that should solve the issue

it had a full overhaul that tx so should be a long while untill needs anything ie power drop.

Failing that try a different silencer or that silencer on another gun maybe at fault

but with zero been off deff sounds like clipping issue

And sounds positive you got silencer another 3 turns on should seat properly now

• Like 1