Please Help Me - Rats!

I live in Liverpool and have a problem with rats in my garden. I only have a small garden that backs onto a car park. But I've got rats every evening. I'm not having much luck with poison or traps. Could anyone help me? What are my options? Ferrets? Dogs? I hate the horrible things and me and my family can't go in the garden. Thank you.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Local Paper.   Mc Donalds Rat Infestation.   Job done. . .

contact the people who own the car park to sort it out if the rats are coming from there .But the rats must be coming into or through your garden for some reson .this will be for food or water .Has anyone got a bird table ?poultry near by ?.take one of these two things away and you wont get them anymore

contact he local council pest control department (environmental health) if your having problems you can not deal with yourself, they will deal with rats for free, they will also be able to deal with any other third parties as required.

Hi folks. Thank you for the help. I've been onto the council and they've been out many times and laid poison. But the rats just don't touch it. I've just got some traps and I'm hoping for more luck. But it just seems so slow. I'm obsessive about keeping my garden spotless. Definitely no feeding birds! I'm getting desperate. The car park is owned by McDonald's and I've been onto environmental health. But apparently as McDonald's employ a litter collector they are not obliged to do any more. I need more drastic ways of killing them.

Hi folks. Thank you for the help. I've been onto the council and they've been out many times and laid poison. But the rats just don't touch it. I've just got some traps and I'm hoping for more luck. But it just seems so slow. I'm obsessive about keeping my garden spotless. Definitely no feeding birds! I'm getting desperate. The car park is owned by McDonald's and I've been onto environmental health. But apparently as McDonald's employ a litter collector they are not obliged to do any more. I need more drastic ways of killing them.

stick to the legal ways, the council have a legal obligation as does McDonalds in sure they wouldn't want the fact they have a rat problem at one of there franchises making the papers.

Hi.The council are attending to it. But the rats won't eat the poison. I'm always on the phone to environmental health and McDonald's. No one gives a stuff. I didn't realise that there were illegal ways to kill rats. Would I be breaking the law with ferrets or dogs? Thank you.

Hi.The council are attending to it. But the rats won't eat the poison. I'm always on the phone to environmental health and McDonald's. No one gives a stuff. I didn't realise that there were illegal ways to kill rats. Would I be breaking the law with ferrets or dogs? Thank you.

i find you post a tad sniffy :thumbs:

i find you post a tad sniffy :thumbs:

Crumbs sorry. I'm not sure what sniffy means. But I'm sorry if I upset you. I was genuinely shocked that there are illegal ways to kill rats.

you need to continue hounding the council and maybe contact the media as mcdonalds wont want the publicity then you may get it done legally and you wont break any laws or encorage some of the lesser educated on here to advise you to break the law