Collie/grey-Deerhound/grey Type Of Lurcher.

Krawnden,with any lurcher to lurcher bred mutt,especially over many generations,there will always be something unwanted or unforeseen in the mix.The folk about that are a tad more selective and know their dogs breeding and history,how uniform the litters are,any unwanted variance through unknown influence etc.are the sort im hoping may aid my search.As long as the dog is from uniform breeding with history of such behind it,carries mainly Border,Deerhound and Grey in the mix,no Bull,Whippet or terrier blood,grafts like a dog of this type is capable of doing,then id be happy enough.I fully realise there is going to be something else or other in the melting pot of lurcher to lurcher breeding,as long as its not unduly influencing the finished article it may do.

• Like 1

Morton, Its admirable that you have such a passion for sticking to your guns and you're looking for such quality in a certain mix but you mention you've not had as much sustained success with other types, I'd be asking for what reason because I'm sure there'll be lines of dogs with different breeds that you want that can do the type of work just as well ?

Good Luck :thumbs:

What about importing semen from a staghound type from USA or Aus ? ... Not sure how much that would cost but I know from there forums and videos on youtube there dogs are well tested and run on coyotes, fox, pigs/boar and all other sorts of game.

Surely better testing than any dog will get over here with the laws we have ?

KittleRox,you possibly know,as may I that there are innumerable types,sorts,concoctions and mistakes that serve a more than useful purpose in the field,ive tried some,as have others.Im not kennel blind to the fact that there are options available,away from my chosen sort?,that would more than serve my cause,YET,the type that ive found empathy with,an affinity borne from breeding,training and entering,over many generations,is the Deerhoundy/Border infused jukel,this type is MY type that no other as yet to stir my emotions,i like a dog to graft of its own accord,hunt with its nose as well as with sight,work out and learn from experience in the field,without the owners intervention or stewardship,cover obstacles and retrieve with little prior guidance.I want the grace and power of the Deerhound and the nous and cunning of the Border,with a little extra drive from the Greyhoundy infusion,a Mo Farah crossed with Albert E. and a little Usain Bolt,i know there are other,s about that,at times,throw the same sort,but,the ultimate proven allround type for me is the Deerhoundy/Cur combo.

• Like 6

I thought about this thread when I was out walking yesterday and I came to the conclusion your reply would be pretty much what you've outlined that your looking for the type you CLICK with and also I would probably be the same, as you may know I like collie types, if I was looking for a pup and the collie/ deer/ grey mix did come up I don't think I would hesitate,

I wish you luck :thumbs:

• Like 1

Wasted time and fuel looking at a mutt this week,3 in a fortnight that have slandered the name of lurcher,a dog off this site seems promising,any more?.

Sorry to hear that, was the dogs you saw not as described?