Old Plummer Terriers

Errr, think your right....

told you my mind wasn't up to much

The one in the picture ( PREBAN ) i got off samba

yes he was drum x fly ponte this was his brother brindle one

when i met ponte he had that blue dog, my other hunting mate at the time had his brother, how did yours go?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppos

Same child still around dogs,how time flies

Flint

Posted Images

Had my drum x fly dog for 4 years, was the best lamper I ever had, I never caught big numbers with him, far from it,

But... His run to catch numbers were excellent,

I backed on to the fields at the time and had a little walk, regular at the back of the house, catching 4 rabs was good going,

My record with him was 9.... Not lots but great numbers local.

He once caught on the moors 21 out of 23.

He was trouble at times though,, if he new i wasn't going a walk after work, once I opened the back gate he would disappear for a hour or so.... Hunting all over, sometimes coming back with a rabbit

For some reason he changed over night, when lamping he would pick and chose what he ran, if he thought he was going to miss, then he wouldn't both.... ( never on the lead ) i would be there, middle of the night saying to him... Go on, get on..he was having none of it

On his last lamping trip he ran 13 and didn't catch a single one

Nice dog.... Far too bright.

• Like 2

Had my drum x fly dog for 4 years, was the best lamper I ever had, I never caught big numbers with him, far from it,

But... His run to catch numbers were excellent,

I backed on to the fields at the time and had a little walk, regular at the back of the house, catching 4 rabs was good going,

My record with him was 9.... Not lots but great numbers local.

He once caught on the moors 21 out of 23.

He was trouble at times though,, if he new i wasn't going a walk after work, once I opened the back gate he would disappear for a hour or so.... Hunting all over, sometimes coming back with a rabbit

For some reason he changed over night, when lamping he would pick and chose what he ran, if he thought he was going to miss, then he wouldn't both.... ( never on the lead ) i would be there, middle of the night saying to him... Go on, get on..he was having none of it

On his last lamping trip he ran 13 and didn't catch a single one

Nice dog.... Far too bright.

haha my was the same to be honest picked his runs as got older but to be honest he was a great hunter up of hares had 52 with him hunting them but was a great dog to be around also there sister won the field trial for harry millward then did the same refused to run rabbits and was given away as a pet the other brother was a excellent fox dog

phil fish used a plummer or 2 over the years, amman valley farmers i think, a gun pack not mounted, curtis price had some with a hunt in wales also, but i would say that most wcerts on these ped are bs :thumbs: .

Phil Fish is a good huntsman that likes his terriers. For a few years I would spend a couple of weeks a season out with his pack but he didn't have them then. However he had good things to say about the plummers he had kept, they have good numbers of foxes down down so they must have seen some work. Also went out a couple of times with Curtis with another gunpack, that huntsman also liked the plummers he had worked in the past. Both of these huntsman told me they would have kept more if they could have got them. Both still had terriers bred down from those plummers put to other types.

The last time I was at Curtis' about eight years ago he had just taken back an old bitch that had worked for a foot pack for several seasons, I think it was called Dell and was nine years old. I remember thinking what a shame such dogs weren't being bred from.

don't know if dell had a litter of plummers but she had a litter to a black dog called herbie that produced a bitch called jill :thumbs:

... but that's all the 3 established clubs have done, "tin pot dictatorships" with no real power ...

WM the PTCGB has never ran a show to date.

Sorry been corrected - the PTCGB of old I have been told did.

well ive not been to a lot of shows. but went to a couple over the past few years. one was run by the old club (sue rothwells) and no one knew me from Adam. i got fairly judged. as far as i could tell. and a couple of the open shows. (selby) and the yorkshire. never done to good at any of the three as i was beaten by better made dogs. all three where well attended. this isnt pointed at anyone just my personal experience. seems a little unfair to tar all the folk that judged the plummer clubs as corrupt

in fact ive found there are more than the odd genuine folk in the breed. its good to read about the older generations dogs and get the odd pic of them. the shite that happens at shows is not breed specific. it right through the terrier scene. and better left for the show section

• Like 2

PTCGB Had a show in Wales in June, I judged. Shows aren't usually my thing but was an enjoyable day and good craic after. Met a decent bunch of lads with one thing in common-working plummers.

It was a GREAT day – I understood it was an open show and part of the days Fell and Moorland event