To be honest that gear on that site is absolute rubbish and of no use at all in the field i see these websites springing up and advertising this gear and its products are basically ornaments those forks and the way they are dressed etc with a bigger pouch are ok for firing a few maggots into a pool but nothing more. my advice to any youngster looking to get a catty to use out in the field save your money as far as this stuff goes

Have you seen that multiplex one shaped like a natural fork? Looks really good how hes done it. I fancy that mini catty for your keys. Nice keyring actually lol.

tbh never looked at the other stuff just the cattys but i wouldnt mind one like the gafer has he traded with someone from another country,its made out of differant coloured woods really looks the part he might put a photo up of it

Have you seen that multiplex one shaped like a natural fork? Looks really good how hes done it. I fancy that mini catty for your keys. Nice keyring actually lol.

tbh never looked at the other stuff just the cattys but i wouldnt mind one like the gafer has he traded with someone from another country,its made out of differant coloured woods really looks the part he might put a photo up of it

Ye i can remember that, you can buy them from a member of the slingshot forum

Brookie... are you saying that only a natural fork... would withstand your field tests? ...

no what im saying is that those catties on that website are not fit for purpose they are nothing more than toys at best .

Brookie... are you saying that only a natural fork... would withstand your field tests? ...

no what im saying is that those catties on that website are not fit for purpose they are nothing more than toys at best .

what would you class as not a toy?

• Like 1

ive seen them like that before yes tried them yes .those cattys and the way theyre dressed etc aint fit for purpose .im going to make a point of getting my lad to use my camcorder and get a couple of old mates out as well and then get it posted on this site .im all for seeing youngsters using the old ways but at the same time id like to see them starting of on the right track with practical kit and those on that website are rubbish made by people who have no practical or worth while experience of the product what so ever and thats the truth well if any ones going to be offended by that ,then so be it but if i can at the same time save a few youngsters from wasting theyre money and not be disillusioned even before they start because of this poor substitute then good id say .if theres any youngsters closer to me im more than happy to get out at some time with them

Dont see how you can say they arnt practical, they kill game, no disputing that, its a fact!

its not ignorant at all and my opinion is based on a lifetime of using a catty and being taught by proper catty men if they were practical id say they were and im more than willing to go out into the field with one and prove it or go with some one else and witness them prove it as for the old style as you term it always having its place those cattys on that website would never ever compare with the real thing full stop im sorry if ive offended you but im entitled to my opinion and il stand by it and prove it if asked :thumbs:

Different people like different things. As long as they work for you thats all that matters. Of course your entitled to you opinion, have you even given the ´new` catties and bands a go? Any pics of yours?

Fair enough mate, id rather see newcomers cut their own forks, make their own catties

when i started out i didnt want to make one. I wanted one to use then and there so thats what i did, i bought one and i have done just fine, killed plenty, if your saying you need a proper catty like one of yours to do that, then your talking out your arse. I can guarentee i could buy one of the catties on that site and take game regular with it.

Any pics of these propper catties

Edited by moxy
  • Like 1

Of course they work! ... whether they are practical...thats matter of opinion.

A catapult...whether it is multiplex...or a natural...

Is only as powerful as the bands you put on it...

And only as accurate as the shooter.

IMO multiplex is a strong material to make a board cut catapult from.... ive taken plenty of game with one...

And them ones in the link are nicely made.

• Like 2