20K To Play With

Right i know its not a great deal, but it's certainly a start. If you had about 20k, spare cash to play with what way would you make it grow?

High risk and relatively stable ideas, fire away.

I'm looking at cryptocurrencies for the short term. I can see short term profit in these(potentially)

But i wouldn't have the balls to invest the lot.

Houses (uk atleast) where the thing to invest in that was stable in the 90's/ early 00's but the returns arn't what they once was and reselling can be a long proccess if renovating now.

In the technolgical era, there must be alot of opportunities, but what are these?

All ideas and thoughts appriciated.

Just something to ponder ...

Edited by littletimmy
  • Like 2

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher, I don't know if you knew but The City Of Manchester has been producing the finest wine in the world for years........in fact they have the best wine growing programme in the modern world.....

Go find a farm for rent in the arse end of no where pay the rent up front for a year and grow some weed while filling the place with dogs,chickens and all things good and fun (as a cover for your earn

I've got 13k saved and hope to be around 17k when I leave my ma's house, that gunna be my deposit for a house I think

Right i know its not a great deal, but it's certainly a start. If you had about 20k, spare cash to play with what way would you make it grow?

I'm looking at cryptocurrencies for the short term. I can see short term profit in these(potentially)

Houses (uk atleast) where the thing to invest in that was stable in the 90's/ early 00's but the returns arn't what they once was and reselling can be a long proccess if renovating now.

In the technolgical era, there must be alot of opportunities, but what are these?

Cocaine mate little c**ts earning a mint round.d here jmo lol

• Like 1

get it out the bank put it in your sock draw i know your not going to make owt you want get stung when you reach pension age or if you find yourself out of work waste of time in the bank you would get fxckall interest savers are bailing the banks out

20k is plenty of money to make from, there's loads of things you can do to make on it

Not getting into it as I'm just waiting for a couple if things to fall into place and I'll be looking at doing it but ...

I have 3 business plans 1 of which is buying a product you can pick up for £2 - £5 and sell for anywhere from £6 - £12

In a certain couple of places around me you can sell 50 - 120 units aday around 3 - 4 days aweek.

The reason I haven't started it is you need a van or trailer capable of carrying atleast 1.5 ton and I only have use if the missus scooter.

Also I haven't found no one reliable and I trust enough to not fcuk me over when I have gave them the idea

• Like 1

20k is plenty of money to make from, there's loads of things you can do to make on it

Not getting into it as I'm just waiting for a couple if things to fall into place and I'll be looking at doing it but ...

I have 3 business plans 1 of which is buying a product you can pick up for £2 - £5 and sell for anywhere from £6 - £12

In a certain couple of places around me you can sell 50 - 120 units aday around 3 - 4 days aweek.

The reason I haven't started it is you need a van or trailer capable of carrying atleast 1.5 ton and I only have use if the missus scooter.

Also I haven't found no one reliable and I trust enough to not fcuk me over when I have gave them the idea

whats the big idea :laugh: no point in giving us half a story :no:

• Like 2

Take 18 and hide it, forget about it. The other two you can have a wee blow out and treat you and the family . I honestly believe this recession hadn't even scratched the surface.

The powers that be are desperately plugging the holes like a leaky dyke. Futile IMO and every spare bit if cash you all have, will be f***ing needed when the ultimate happens again.

• Like 2

Take 18 and hide it, forget about it. The other two you can have a wee blow out and treat you and the family . I honestly believe this recession hadn't even scratched the surface.

The powers that be are desperately plugging the holes like a leaky dyke. Futile IMO and every spare bit if cash you all have, will be f*****g needed when the ultimate happens again.

i took some out of my scot just to have a blow out ----- :thumbs:

• Like 1

Buy a house in Spain lol

Need another 20k to do it up :laugh:

What would I do........... Spend ten and knock ten off the mortgage.

What do I think others should do........... Buy a cheap rental property at 70-80% LTV interest only repayments and milk a couple hundred off of it each month. Then in 20+ years flog it for about double what you bought it for and enjoy the money. If you don't at the very least get double your original 20k investment something has gone very wrong.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Not to sure about cryptocurrencies but wasnt one of the big traders of bitcoin taken down with something like 30million going missing? Also don't think it got much coverage considering the money some people may of lost. Also sure I've heard it mentioned that it reached its peak.

Not really sure investment wise what's a good idea to be honest. Only things I think we all know always sell is sex and drugs. Become a pimp and have your girls delivering parcels aswell? If it was me I'd probably try get my brother to put 20k into a property with me that needs abit of work. Do it up then rent it out while I go and save another 20k to do the same thing again.