3/4 Grey 1/4 Collie

Probably been done before but I've been thinking about getting a collie greyhound but if I were to get one I would like a 3/4 grey. 1/4 collie just to give it abit more height and speed. Have any of you ran this cross before. If so any pictures and positives of this cross would be appreciated thanks.

I tried the cross, it was real greyhoundy, 27 ats an about 70lb in weight. Dog was fast, real fast and could turn well for sucha big fast dog, as clever as you needed, only fault I found was it couldn't take too much graft, it started losing condition when asked to do most nights of the week. I rehomed the dog for that reason, he hated bein left in and I needed to be out, I'll see if I can dig up a pic for ye..

196.jpgferretingtoday013.jpgferretingtoday012.jpg

Been thinking about this cross a lot since I had dog , an If I was to try another I think it would be off a halfx collie/grey put to a coursing dog instead of a grey again, if that makes sense

Is that the Jed dog?

• Like 1

196.jpg

ferretingtoday013.jpg

ferretingtoday012.jpg

Been thinking about this cross a lot since I had dog , an If I was to try another I think it would be off a halfx collie/grey put to a coursing dog instead of a grey again, if that makes sense

yeh you prob get better wind, sounds the good way to go :thumbs:

Same pair of dogs working the floods from a few years ago

attachicon.gifa.jpg

Don't time go quick ,,,, I remember you posting on this site,,about your move over there,,, and giving your permission away befor you left,,,, kent if my memory serves me,,, he was just a pup then wasn't he,,,?

You never fancied traveling a bit south and getting him a few rabbits stabs,,,,, are there hares near you?

He was't born then Tomo. I bred the old bitch over here to a smashing greyhound that friends of ours owned. You are right about Kent...good memory! We have a few rabbits on the land we run but it's mostly hares. The bunnies don't stray far from the barn and the snakes keep their numbers down. Rabbits are $35kg here! Unbelievable!! He has been used on big game his entire life and he loves it! Daft sod.

Same pair of dogs working the floods from a few years ago

attachicon.gifa.jpg

Don't time go quick ,,,, I remember you posting on this site,,about your move over there,,, and giving your permission away befor you left,,,, kent if my memory serves me,,, he was just a pup then wasn't he,,,?

You never fancied traveling a bit south and getting him a few rabbits stabs,,,,, are there hares near you?

I was racking my brain wondering how the f**k that dog hadn't caught a rabbit lol. Thanks for putting me out of my misery.

$35 feck me,,, is that in the butchers?,,,,

Oh you bred him there,,,my mistake,,, I just remember you commenting on getting dogs,,,or a dog flown over there and the cost involved,,,,