Spaniel X Whippet

Probably not as good at running as the whippet and not as good at working cover as the spaniel :laugh:

summed up nicely jai................. :D dont think id have as my only dog but in a small bushing pack im sure one would have a use ASLONG as there bred right...... :thumbs:

Edited by clipo

HI there I own the whippet x span in question u are right its not the fastes thing when rabbits or game is going home but it can fill a freezer. And it can fill it in style it is 4 yr old I bred it for my self for bushing it,s the best think I ever owned it never goes lame never put it on leader it hunt,s like a spaniel but faster will jump any thing it come 2 not bothered a bout teeth and there is no tale wagging :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Always interested me this cross maybe better to a grew for me. But somthing in theory that ticks all the boxes.... surprised these sort of X's a it more popular. ?

I know gnipper had a Brittany x sure was shapeing up alright...?

I seen Williams dog on a good few times on one and I must say its one of the best rabbiting dogs I've seen the only thing it lacks is another gear in the speed department but it it kills plenty in cover to make up for that if I was wanting a dog purely to work the moor this cross would do the job 10 times over

Always interested me this cross maybe better to a grew for me. But somthing in theory that ticks all the boxes.... surprised these sort of X's a it more popular. ?

would be interesteds to see a brittany x work had a pure brittany and had all the balls nose brains and stanima you could wish for, put a bit more speed into this and would make a great potfiller! litte headstrong was trhe only downfall and the bitch i had was a little needy and jealous over other dogs! would love to see this x work tho!

She was shaping up ok work wise but unfortunately she was a destructive deranged dirty b*****d and I couldn't take any more of her behaviour. The people who own her now are happy with her though???

IMAG0554-1.jpg

Edited by gnipper
  • Like 1

She was shaping up ok work wise but unfortunately she was a destructive deranged dirty b*****d and I couldn't take any more of her behaviour. The people who own her now are happy with her though???

IMAG0554-1.jpg

sounds just like the brittany I had! if things wernt what she wanted chew something, make some noise or shit on it! when she was working fantastic but at the time couldnt work her all day everyday! do they work it or is a pet? as I reckon the brittany would have made a great pet if it was a pet but as a worker it had to be a full time dog!