Hound Pack Pictures

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pennines in Cornwall last weekend. Cheers, D.    

Out with the mink hounds 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, CHEVINFOX said:

been hunting with them for a week some time ago,made us very welcome nice family 

There a long way away from me. But I must get up there for a few days to experience fell hunting. I don’t know how much of a effect the Lake District national park ban will have on them. 

9 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

There a long way away from me. But I must get up there for a few days to experience fell hunting. I don’t know how much of a effect the Lake District national park ban will have on them. 

Down to two days a week some of the packs but they will survive for now. 

If you want to come up let me know and I'll find out some meets and accommodation for you 

• Like 2
Just now, DIDO.1 said:

Down to two days a week some of the packs but they will survive for now. 

If you want to come up let me know and I'll find out some meets and accommodation for you 

I read somewere that national park only own something like 4.7% of the national park? That’s very kind of you. I will try get a couple of mates keen for it. But there not the keenest on walking down here. Let alone a fell side ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I read somewere that national park only own something like 4.7% of the national park? That’s very kind of you. I will try get a couple of mates keen for it. But there not the keenest on walking down here. Let alone a fell side ?

just follow the old timers in a vehicle and a good pair of binos , 

some of them can tell some good tales  

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2022 at 10:18, Gypsydog94 said:

Take Dido up on his offer and get yourselves up there mate. Something else it is. I had a day with E&E few years back. The meet was at Little Langdale..  stunning  place, one of quieter parts of the Lakes. I didn't get to speak to Edmund, i was cutting it fine time wise and they set off whilst i was putting my clobber on. The followers were sound though.. once they've sussed you out.. whch didn't take much doing really. Just introduced myself and land a few ice-brakers.. job done. 

DSC01412.JPG.63b124a2138aa2e8fcc37917896d4acf.JPG

DSC01403.JPG.adcf7705bc48c99d34498e50188133a9.JPG

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Couple more to tempt you up!! lol...

DSC01387.JPG.06d34394b19e8c3c5b9c4f51d90fd210.JPG

DSC01380.JPG.c92d02a9464a5ff7cba0a9b40f887011.JPG

I’m seriously keen for few days up there hunting. But my mates are to keen on there quads ?is there a better pack to go with who are more welcoming etc? 

16 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I’m seriously keen for few days up there hunting. But my mates are to keen on there quads ?is there a better pack to go with who are more welcoming etc? 

Dido is the man to ask I'd say.. I've only ever had hand full of outings up there over the years. I reckon you'd be fine with any of them though to be honest, it's no big issue. I did find Blencathera bunch came across a bit snotty once.. Barry himself was sound though.  In their defence they have had trouble with the anits so are just cautious when outsiders show up. 

Talk your mates into getting some miles in stomping over the fells mate... get a thirst worked up and that!!?

• Like 1
On 19/06/2022 at 21:49, Bush Rummager said:

Dido is the man to ask I'd say.. I've only ever had hand full of outings up there over the years. I reckon you'd be fine with any of them though to be honest, it's no big issue. I did find Blencathera bunch came across a bit snotty once.. Barry himself was sound though.  In their defence they have had trouble with the anits so are just cautious when outsiders show up. 

Talk your mates into getting some miles in stomping over the fells mate... get a thirst worked up and that!!?

Barry and his family are wonderful, the cathra followers absolute arse holes.....some of them anyway. 

@Gypsydog94I've not done much up there for a couple of years....yet its only an hour north of me. I know a couple of the fell huntsman really well, if you came up I'd make sure you were looked after and made welcome. Come up on your own, spend a night on my couch and we can have 2 good days up there, night in a hunting pub in between ?.

(obviously it's better if you can bring friends, I wasn't luring you up to groom you or anything) 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Barry and his family are wonderful, the cathra followers absolute arse holes.....some of them anyway. 

@Gypsydog94I've not done much up there for a couple of years....yet its only an hour north of me. I know a couple of the fell huntsman really well, if you came up I'd make sure you were looked after and made welcome. Come up on your own, spend a night on my couch and we can have 2 good days up there, night in a hunting pub in between ?.

(obviously it's better if you can bring friends, I wasn't luring you up to groom you or anything) 

I've been with invites and without, not been for nigh on 30 years but always felt welcome.

I hunted with them with Johny, magical times ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1