Terrier Men Of Ireland

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bluck was in it for the money,nothing to do with terriers or the terrier men from Ireland,like every other little venture he started.

I would call them working terriers.

I disagree.

people can take what they want from the book either lies or the truth.but to be honest i liked it.the irish terriermen interviews from lads all over the country i otherwise wouldnt have heard off.digging is something thats in my gut and im proud to say yea theirs good diggin lads in ireland.in 40yrs time this will be a grand reference.

It's a lazy book, sending out a questionnaire badly limited what some great guys could have offered a book like that.

you're right there Bryan - not only questionnaire but the author then summarises the answers at the end of the chapter

could of been half the size but same amount of info

• Like 2

Tom Reilly chapter was very limited for such a experienced and knowledgeable man

And great craic and story teller, I know his family asked if they could stray from the questionnaire but were told no, imagine asking him about terrier shows? But not ask him about trials or Otter hunting or hounds or his history. I'm sure plenty more in the book had great stories to tell.

• Like 2

Tom Reilly chapter was very limited for such a experienced and knowledgeable man

And great craic and story teller, I know his family asked if they could stray from the questionnaire but were told no, imagine asking him about terrier shows? But not ask him about trials or Otter hunting or hounds or his history. I'm sure plenty more in the book had great stories to tell.

theirs the makens of another book penned by an irish terrier man with the proper skill set in writhing.

I would agree with some of the comments.

I thought the idea of the book was good but written by the wrong man and possibly for the wrong reasons?

I don't like the questionnaire style of books either and I nclude Broadhurst's books in this. I don't think it gives you an indepth insight into the men it is about. To do it properly I think you would need to meet and chat with those you are writing about, and that could take a number of meetings. It would be some labor of love but wouldn't it produce some book?