Scope Mounted Cree Torch Options

Hi all might be a bit of a silly question but I've never done this before. I've just got my self a BSA lightning se grt but haven't got my scopes and mounts yet.my intensions are to mount my red led cree ultra fire 501b onto the scopes.is there a particular place to mount it? ie in front/behind front mount or in front/behind rear mount or is it personal prefrence.the reason im asking is i don't want to set up and zero my scopes and then have to move mount forward/ back,obviously im going to wait until I've got everything before i set up.was just wondering what everyone elses set up is for best results and what clamps are you using? cheers folks

• Like 1

doesn't matter where to be honest but suggest an adjustable torch mount so you can align beam with you crosshairs for a nice view of that poor rabbit before he goes in the pot , happy hunting

Edited by evenbad

Hi all might be a bit of a silly question but I've never done this before. I've just got my self a BSA lightning se grt but haven't got my scopes and mounts yet.my intensions are to mount my red led cree ultra fire 501b onto the scopes.is there a particular place to mount it? ie in front/behind front mount or in front/behind rear mount or is it personal prefrence.the reason im asking is i don't want to set up and zero my scopes and then have to move mount forward/ back,obviously im going to wait until I've got everything before i set up.was just wondering what everyone elses set up is for best results and what clamps are you using? cheers folks

you need to set your scope up so that your rifle is comfortable when you are looking through it . When you've got your scope zeroed then it's personal preference where you fit the lamp as some people fix it to the scope and some fit it to the barrel , just a matter of what feels comfortable again as in the balance :thumbs:
  • Like 1

Im waiting on one back off eBay £4.29.its the one with Velcro straps,I'll give it a go ordering my scopes and mounts from Uttings next Tuesday. Hawke 3-9x40 sport HD all kitted out then got my gun case back this morning from JS Ramsbottom,oh the joys of eBay :-)