Spot The Bad Boy

Errrrrr, but I don't shoot foxes? That and if I were to, I'd aim to use the best rifle and do it as humane as possible... Rather than to chase it down, corner it and ravage it for as long as it takes to kill it.

If that's your method of hunting, then each to their own. I'm only saying when I hunt, I at least aim to do it as clean and efficient as I can- than to torture or simply inflict pain. That's my morals and I'm by no means a hippy or anything other, should anyone jump to it ;)

So you don't shoot foxes or hunt them but you know the best method to do it? Your quality you are. What do you hunt? Ravaged pmsl :laugh:

• Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I'm not against any form of control, I'm very open minded, if you shoot you shoot, if you run you run etc, but I do have a wee chuckle when I read a comment like yours, with hounds it's either de

No, lets keep your ethics here. So you think the better the rifle the better the marksman? I've got a relatively good air rifle mate, not a bad shot but like any shooter who has to deal with weather c

https://www.(!64.56:886/photo.php?fbid=683317228373543&set=a.125317117506893.9159.116283685076903&type=1&theater

You got beef for me, baw? :D

"Best rifle" as in, the preferred rifle for shooting foxes, as to, "best method", as you quote me so.

I currently hunt small quarry, being: pigeons, crows, rabbits and squirrels; where my air rifles execute them precisely.

Ravage, yes. Do they not bite and shred the little fuckers up once caught or were your hounds the gentle type? ;)

If you want to take this further, PM me ;) I'm more than happy to stand my ground and back my ethics up.

You got beef for me, baw? :D

"Best rifle" as in, the preferred rifle for shooting foxes, as to, "best method", as you quote me so.

I currently hunt small quarry, being: pigeons, crows, rabbits and squirrels; where my air rifles execute them precisely.

Ravage, yes. Do they not bite and shred the little fuckers up once caught or were your hounds the gentle type? ;)

If you want to take this further, PM me ;) I'm more than happy to stand my ground and back my ethics up.

No, lets keep your ethics here. So you think the better the rifle the better the marksman? I've got a relatively good air rifle mate, not a bad shot but like any shooter who has to deal with weather conditions etc, I'm not 100% accurate, unlike you it seems. Your terminology regarding hunting with dogs is similar to that of someone who's only knowledge is media based. Who am I to try and educate the media educated, they generally are beyond reasoning.

• Like 6

GSkye.......whether you want to do it through pm or for us to see your going to loose. And not cause Baw is a fountain of knowledge by the way....it's more to do with you talking shite.

• Like 1

Not at all, but the relevant tool for the job is just as necessary as the person doing it, would you not agree?

I'm by no means "100% accurate" or as better than anyone else here, these skills come with time, practice and experience and with a few hunts under my belt, I'm good for what I do, still time to better myself but nor better or worse than the next person. I'm willing to say you're better than me, if that makes you feel a bigger person ;)

My terminology of hunting does not come from the media as to what I've actually watched and read from the net, books and hunting magazines. Both factual and opinionated information, if you will, than to the biased side of the news and social media- if you want to educate me, be my guest as I'm all the happier to learn.

I fail to see an answer to my question though :D

Not at all, but the relevant tool for the job is just as necessary as the person doing it, would you not agree?

I'm by no means "100% accurate" or as better than anyone else here, these skills come with time, practice and experience and with a few hunts under my belt, I'm good for what I do, still time to better myself but nor better or worse than the next person. I'm willing to say you're better than me, if that makes you feel a bigger person ;)

My terminology of hunting does not come from the media as to what I've actually watched and read from the net, books and hunting magazines. Both factual and opinionated information, if you will, than to the biased side of the news and social media- if you want to educate me, be my guest as I'm all the happier to learn.

I fail to see an answer to my question though :D

No, I very rarely use a rifle so you'll be better than me but as paulus or someone pointed out, rifles can maim foxes which makes them a bigger threat to farm stock. With dogs, it lives or dies, no in between. As someone else pointed out, a strong healthy fox will often escape the dogs, they don't the rifle. How do you think predatory animals kill there prey? The fox uses its teeth just the same way a dog does, it's the most natural form of hunting there is. If you don't like it then you clearly aren't into hunting. Regarding the fox getting tore to shreds, that fox is already dead when it's thrown to the pack, again, the media hype tends to miss that out.

• Like 1

GSkye.......whether you want to do it through pm or for us to see your going to loose. And not cause Baw is a fountain of knowledge by the way....it's more to do with you talking shite.

Hahaha at least in PM it would only be between the two of us where you wouldn't be able to brown nose Baw ;)

You can call my morals shite but that's your entitlement. I'm only trying to be as much a humane hunter and using my knowledge than sending a pack of dogs chasing a fox and ripping it to shreds.

Listen, I'm not against fox hunting or using hounds.... Let's get that straight. I'd just rather not hunt them that way.

Baw, yes, you can maim an animal but that can come from many reasons but taking out that fox that got away from the dogs can be as efficient as the dogs only taking out the weak- that one would still have to kill to feed.

I know foxes bite to kill, they can be vile and wasteful creatures as I know from my friends chickens but at least it's only one fox than a pack of them. But what I've watched from (pro hunting) media, there's one clip that sticks in mind where he picks up a bloodied fur rag with a few scraggy bits of muscle and bone clinging to it, after the dogs having it.

Maybe it's not always the case but in that scenario it was, nothing from the news or anything like panorama, as I don't watch it.

Animals hunt in packs mate, maybe not foxes but wolves, hyenas, lions etc, its still natural. If you want to get all sentimental, the dogs are killing a killer, the fox kills herbivores if that's your rule of thought. As I said earlier, it's fruitless trying to change your mind, dogs are cruel, gun is best, what ever :)

So GSkye by your own admission you are basing your facts on what you have read and what you have seen on tv the net etc .... Maybe get out in a muddy field and see for yourself then you can form a rounded opinion .........

• Like 2

So GSkye by your own admission you are basing your facts on what you have read and what you have seen on tv the net etc .... Maybe get out in a muddy field and see for yourself then you can form a rounded opinion .........

I'm sorry, you know me how?

1. I don't watch tv, news or follow any social media.

2. I've been in many muddy fields, many times in the woods, that helps with opinions, how?

3. I can form my own opinions without any influence or need to follow anyone else like sheep. probably why you'll getting your knickers in a bunch ;)

Listen, I'm not against fox hunting or using hounds.... Let's get that straight. I'd just rather not hunt them that way.

Baw, yes, you can maim an animal but that can come from many reasons but taking out that fox that got away from the dogs can be as efficient as the dogs only taking out the weak- that one would still have to kill to feed.

I know foxes bite to kill, they can be vile and wasteful creatures as I know from my friends chickens but at least it's only one fox than a pack of them. But what I've watched from (pro hunting) media, there's one clip that sticks in mind where he picks up a bloodied fur rag with a few scraggy bits of muscle and bone clinging to it, after the dogs having it.

Maybe it's not always the case but in that scenario it was, nothing from the news or anything like panorama, as I don't watch it.

Throw a shot fox to hounds you still end up with the same result a scraggy bit, it amazes me how people think that it is slow and painful unless shot, its over quicker Than you would think. Everything has a survival instinct now im not anti shooting in anyway I have mates whom shoot and i'll happily lamp for them but how do you seperate the strong from the weak from a scope?