Safe Home To Billy And Captain

in my view theres 2 much saluki in a lot of the irish bred dogs they lack that early pace that you need for ireland, theres a few that can do it but very few, in the last 5 year iv seen heaps of saluki x dogs run here in ireland in the flesh and in dvds and to be honest most of them just not good enough, a little bit in a dog is fine it def gives a bit extra wind but only a bit, thats just my opinion

in my view theres 2 much saluki in a lot of the irish bred dogs they lack that early pace that you need for ireland, theres a few that can do it but very few, in the last 5 year iv seen heaps of saluki x dogs run here in ireland in the flesh and in dvds and to be honest most of them just not good enough, a little bit in a dog is fine it def gives a bit extra wind but only a bit, thats just my opinion

Banner you bitch is half Saulki and the pups how much do you think will be in them.Its not just the wind the saulki brings but the recovery rate and the runs it can take.If you think that hare has not got better as the years have went on you need your head looked at.Any way everyone as there own option. LT any more runs off the pups???
id say somebody needs there head looked at, if you didnt run hares 30 years ago where this knowledge come from
ok banter it is easy and l will explain to you because you seem the thick sort. If hares have not got better then why are people not running collie and deerhound cross like they did 20 years ago????You yourself bought a full Saulki then put it to a Saulki x lucher?????Now for a man that thinks the hares have not got better why have breeding like this????Name someone who hunts hares 2/3 times a week that use collie or deerhound cross???? Hares have got better thats why people brought in the Saulki blood.Read Darcys two books all sorts off men telling you why they don't us collie blood no more.Bannerman am sure that Tiger dog has more the 1/4 Saulki in him????
to be fair ive not much experience in coursing but my dogs have killed there share do you seriously think in the space of 30 year the hare has evolved i think not do you not think its the man thats evolved to realise that theres a better dog to do the

job

You have a point there but what am trying to say is how come years ago the collie and deerhounds cross could kill good numbers years ago but no one runs them now.Most people run Saulki x.If the hare has not got better then why not use dogs that where doing the job????

i think still today the collie and the deerhound crosses would still kill good numbers the fact is when the saluki blood came in everyone thought it was the new must have and i have no doubt at all if used right then its stamina will play a key part and has proven that but you still need that early pace something that has been said on here that the dogs are clearly lacking

and the answer to your question is the saluki was the new dog and it would keep on running im not saying the other x would not but the sal is renowned for stamina meaning more runs a night its nothing to do with evolution this is a process that take thousands of years to even notice the smallest of change

• Like 2

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:thumbs:lads don't start this time year again enough is enough I try to put every bite I get on cam its not easy as you now cam to the ground I show every thing I get more than lot puts up

http://youtu.be/MosvPK_RP-U

I'd say that's pure shite why you need to test your dog in England if you need to test your dog man to test your dog be Louth tiger proper long ears and proper land,and no bother to give them 100 yard

Posted Images

do you want me to tell you were all 6 pups went icey stick had one one went to turf lodge one went to ardoyne one went to the springfield rd one stayed in antrim wonder who was gifted the other one lol

really don't care but just shows even back then the deerhounds cross needed something added to its blood.You catch on soon enough.There's wiser eating grass.

dinky rogan owned the deerhound x an it killed twice the amount hares the saluki did,,,it isnt in a book eather lol

Some folk believe any shit wrote in a book. Look at Darcy havering on about evolution lol. These writers are researching the Internet, which is basically reading shite other folk are writing. Once it's wrote enough times its got to be true.

• Like 2

Banner you bitch is half Saulki and the pups how much do you think will be in them.Its not just the wind the saulki brings but the recovery rate and the runs it can take.If you think that hare has not got better as the years have went on you need your head looked at.Any way everyone as there own option. LT any more runs off the pups???
id say somebody needs there head looked at, if you didnt run hares 30 years ago where this knowledge come from
ok banter it is easy and l will explain to you because you seem the thick sort. If hares have not got better then why are people not running collie and deerhound cross like they did 20 years ago????You yourself bought a full Saulki then put it to a Saulki x lucher?????Now for a man that thinks the hares have not got better why have breeding like this????Name someone who hunts hares 2/3 times a week that use collie or deerhound cross???? Hares have got better thats why people brought in the Saulki blood.Read Darcys two books all sorts off men telling you why they don't us collie blood no more.Bannerman am sure that Tiger dog has more the 1/4 Saulki in him????
to be fair ive not much experience in coursing but my dogs have killed there share do you seriously think in the space of 30 year the hare has evolved i think not do you not think its the man thats evolved to realise that theres a better dog to do the

job

You have a point there but what am trying to say is how come years ago the collie and deerhounds cross could kill good numbers years ago but no one runs them now.Most people run Saulki x.If the hare has not got better then why not use dogs that where doing the job????

i think still today the collie and the deerhound crosses would still kill good numbers the fact is when the saluki blood came in everyone thought it was the new must have and i have no doubt at all if used right then its stamina will play a key part and has proven that but you still need that early pace something that has been said on here that the dogs are clearly lacking

and the answer to your question is the saluki was the new dog and it would keep on running im not saying the other x would not but the sal is renowned for stamina meaning more runs a night its nothing to do with evolution this is a process that take thousands of years to even notice the smallest of change

You'll never convince them. Saluki guys are the same with hares as bull x guys are with foxes, nothing else will do even though us guys who have been in the game longer than the ban have been doing just that.

The talk of early pace and salukis lacking it It is dependent on the lines of the dog I know have and have seen plenty of pure salukis with pace to burn there are a few lads on here that can also vouch having run them and seen them doing it on the ground. I dont believe nothing written about dogs unless I or some one I know verifies the claims to much bull shit ,pr, marketing and peddling goes on in the dog game. Most of thev lads I know with pures here also run decent x,s from the usual lines, you dont here them rubbishing the salukis capabilities it is usual the 2 season wonders who have never run a saluki let alone owned one. As for running since before the Ban I ran my first Saluki when I was around 5 years old and the dog was taller than me or so I remember I am now 64 and still doing it so they must have something about them. The only thing I donr feel the need to plaster photos and reports all over the net , :thumbs:

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

The talk of early pace and salukis lacking it It is dependent on the lines of the dog I know have and have seen plenty of pure salukis with pace to burn there are a few lads on here that can also vouch having run them and seen them doing it on the ground. I dont believe nothing written about dogs unless I or some one I know verifies the claims to much bull shit ,pr, marketing and peddling goes on in the dog game. Most of thev lads I know with pres here also run decent x,s from the usual lines you dont here them rubbishing the salukis capabilities it is usual the 2 season wonders who have never run a saluki let alone owned one. As for running since before the Ban I ran my first Saluki when I was around 5 years old and the dog was taller than me or so I remember I am now 64 and still doing it so they must have something about them. The only thing I donr feel the need to plaster photos and reports all over the net , :thumbs:

Aye but you were probably running gazelle back then :D

The talk of early pace and salukis lacking it It is dependent on the lines of the dog I know have and have seen plenty of pure salukis with pace to burn there are a few lads on here that can also vouch having run them and seen them doing it on the ground. I dont believe nothing written about dogs unless I or some one I know verifies the claims to much bull shit ,pr, marketing and peddling goes on in the dog game. Most of thev lads I know with pres here also run decent x,s from the usual lines you dont here them rubbishing the salukis capabilities it is usual the 2 season wonders who have never run a saluki let alone owned one. As for running since before the Ban I ran my first Saluki when I was around 5 years old and the dog was taller than me or so I remember I am now 64 and still doing it so they must have something about them. The only thing I donr feel the need to plaster photos and reports all over the net , :thumbs:

Aye but you were probably running gazelle back then :D

still do but over here think they call them Deer :laugh::whistling:

The talk of early pace and salukis lacking it It is dependent on the lines of the dog I know have and have seen plenty of pure salukis with pace to burn there are a few lads on here that can also vouch having run them and seen them doing it on the ground. I dont believe nothing written about dogs unless I or some one I know verifies the claims to much bull shit ,pr, marketing and peddling goes on in the dog game. Most of thev lads I know with pures here also run decent x,s from the usual lines, you dont here them rubbishing the salukis capabilities it is usual the 2 season wonders who have never run a saluki let alone owned one. As for running since before the Ban I ran my first Saluki when I was around 5 years old and the dog was taller than me or so I remember I am now 64 and still doing it so they must have something about them. The only thing I donr feel the need to plaster photos and reports all over the net , :thumbs:

With my limited experience of lurchers i have seen some very fast saluki lurchers but looking at a lot of them its seems to be more a question of anticipation rather than speed they lack in ireland .Some seem to have the speed but lack the timing or know how of when to turn it on .What ever it is a lot of the lurchers in ireland at the min struggle to control the hare on smaller land in my opinion.Theirs a new thing in coursing at the min and it seems to be becoming more important than the dog. I hear it mentioned a lot lately and have seen it down the years its the man thats slipping on here yea read hes a great man to slip a dog.What dose that mean he kicks the hare out of the form or he walks all day to get the right slip or some thing i dont know about im not talking about matching just a day out with a few lads.If yer out for a days fun with a few lads surely yea should take what ever slip yea get .I have hunted with people like this in the past and it takes from the days crack in my opinion .If yea see a man not willing to slip at a hare gone 50 or 60 yards their is usually a reason for it [ SPEED] a lot of dogs can give a hare a good run of a 10 or 20 yard start but give the hare 60 or more and its a different story in my opinion.

I will take what ever slip is in front of me in fact the lads I get out with just shake their heads, if its in the same county as me it gets slipped on. Then its down to the dog to get on it or not as the case might be. As for reading how to run game, when to go through the gears and when to box or to pressure a good saluki can give master classes in it.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

In my opinion its all Down to using the right saluki blood if there was more time put into bettering the pure breds then we would benefit a lot more in are lurchers ,good working strain salukis seem to be hard to come by

• Like 3