This Could Cause You Problems

But a Royal Society for the Protection of Birds spokesman said: ‘The licence gives landowners the right to remove individual birds that are causing a problem, but we’ve always questioned the validity of those who appear to just go out and shoot birds for the pot, which is not allowed.

We're not allowed to hunt for food... Oh what a fine nation we've become.

• Like 1

But a Royal Society for the Protection of Birds spokesman said: ‘The licence gives landowners the right to remove individual birds that are causing a problem, but we’ve always questioned the validity of those who appear to just go out and shoot birds for the pot, which is not allowed.

We're not allowed to hunt for food... Oh what a fine nation we've become.

sources reliably inform me that this has always been the case under the terms of the general license but now it seems someone wants to enforce it

I will sit and wait this one out before I make judgement.

But I will say from what I have read. On this. Trapping regs and a few other countryside related matters that a storm is brewing.

I will sit and wait this one out before I make judgement.

But I will say from what I have read. On this. Trapping regs and a few other countryside related matters that a storm is brewing.

and a very big one at that :yes:

It just gets better - this is just another one of those things were the government want to look as politically correct as possible and don't care who they updet to do it, which seems massively hipocritical to me

i mean who cares about tradition anyway? :@

Ask the landowner if you can put up a scarecrow and set off a few crow bangers. Take a picture of your scarecrow and film yourself setting off a few crow bangers as evidence. Then when that doesn't work shoot away! Landowner then knows you've taken non lethal steps which haven't worked, you've got proof of it so you're covered if any dogooder reports you

As far as I can interpret, most of us, plus farmers, are doing this as a matter of course, so there seems little need for 'Countryfile Nazis' to come along and enforce it.

Prime example: Farmer puts out gas guns and pigeon scarers on a Monday, pigeons take flight then acclimatise and return in a couple of days, Farmer drives tractor, quad etc in to field to scare them, again pigeons fly off and return. Finally and after a weeks damage, the shooter turns up on Saturday/ Sunday, drives and walks to desired shooting spot, giving pigeons one last chance to to leave. Pigeons clatter off, then (hopefully) return.

We, having exhausted all other means, shoot them. Lastly, I do tend to tell the ones I miss to 'F£CK RIGHT OFF', hence covering both the wording and spirit of the proposed changes!.

Let the pallid little weasels stick their interfering beaks in. It's a ridiculous twist on words by people who need to avoid government cut, justify their jobs and utterly unnecessary. Natural England are again trying to con the Townie that somehow intensive, barn reared, chemical and water plugged chicken, beef, pork imported from Eastern Europe etc and flogged in our Supermarkets under extraordinary amounts of plastic packaging, is better for us and more humanely farmed than organic, free range, humanely dispatched, naturally replenished food stock. I for one haven't ever noticed a bit of horse in my pigeon breast or seen a flock of pigeons respond positively to a request to leave.

Bit of a rant,my nipples ache and I've got stomach cramps, think I might have caught my wife's PMT, although I haven't started speaking in tongues yet, time for a Horlicks and lie down before doing some real work!

• Like 1