Ferret Finders?

You can buy them cheap enough used from either here or ebay so makes sense to use one, I wouldn't enter my ferrets without, if they kill below it saves waiting for them to decide to move and you can check there moving around also, makes for a more efficient days hunting and a better bag at the end of the day, what ever you pay for one I'm sure you won't lose much on it if you decide it's not for you, I recommended a mk3 jack

• Like 2

for me depends on the warrens, little 3 or 4 holers in a hedgerow bolting for the dog or netting ill go without as easy to follow and dig if required or not usually a long wait! anything bigger that goes deep ill coller up everytime! each to their own but cant be arsed to waste half a day waiting outside a big warren waiting for a fert thats got holed up wrong side of a bunny!

Personal choice , and maybe the amount of ferreting you do comes into it , if your just ferreting for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning you could get by with out one , but try ferreting three, four times a week with out one

• Like 3

Personal choice , and maybe the amount of ferreting you do comes into it , if your just ferreting for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning you could get by with out one , but try ferreting three, four times a week with out one

Would only be weekends.Not looked how much are they second hand?

• Like 1

When you got good ferrets, a locator is essential. 2nd rate ferrets dont tend to get lost. Any one ever entered a good ferret and a not so good ferret? Its always the shiter that hangs about whilst the good ferret is long gone...

• Like 7

When you got good ferrets, a locator is essential. 2nd rate ferrets dont tend to get lost. Any one ever entered a good ferret and a not so good ferret? Its always the shiter that hangs about whilst the good ferret is long gone...

Your so right mate i reckon most ferrets found wandering about are the good workers who never had a collar on when they where ferreting

Your so right mate i reckon most ferrets found wandering about are the good workers who never had a collar on when they where ferreting

In my long time of ferreting, I have only come across one that was lost, I was out for a mooch with the dog on a flood banking, when i noticed a couple of rabbits bolting, soon to be followed by a Jill Polecat ferret, I was wary on picking her up, but she was fine,

Got her home, and worked her and she stayed with me, till she passed away, probably one of the best workers i had.

and she had no collar, when found.

• Like 1

It's true you don't need a box to start ferreting but when I think of all the years of my apprenticeship I spent sitting outside burrows while my father and uncle ferreted on and I was left to get the last ferret out a burrow that hadn't,t showed