First Rule, Check Zero

Now then Lads! :bye:

I haven't wrote up a hunting story on here for a while, mainly because I haven't been much lately and the one time I did get out, last weekend, I only got one Squirrel. Not really going to win hunting story of the year award so I didn't bother writing it up, also I forgot to get a pic. :icon_redface:

Today was the day! The day for a good plink with no ice cold, hand numbing and pellet deflecting wind. A quick brew to bring me round from my groggy morning state and I grabbed all the supplies for a decent session, chucked the rifle in its bag, pulled on my willies and set off on my way. :boogy:

First thing is first, the farmyard. I noticed a small pigeon on one of the building roofs after a quick hello to the farmer! Cheeky little fooker flew into a tree about 30 yards from the gate, I got the rifle out, loaded a pellet and got comfy on the fence. Flicked off the safety, lined everything up and sent the pellet on its way... and completely missed! :laugh:RULE NO.) 1 .. CHECK YOUR ZERO FIRST !! :laugh::laugh: :laugh: straight away thought of Bigmac97kt :laugh::laugh::laugh: . just glad I didn't injure the bird, and hope the farmer didn't see it fly off :whistling:

Got to 'the tree' where 99% of my plinking is done, right at the other end of the permission! Scaring off a few pigeons on the way. Wasn't really supposed to be a hunt today, so I wasn't too bothered. Got myself comfy and set a few targets up to zero in the rifle and try a few trick shots, as there was hardly any wind and my hands probably wouldn't go numb, thankfully! ;)

5 shots 28 yards :thumbs:

20140301_093106_zpsvahwwzvr.jpg

Then shot some string holding a padlock from the tree a few times, and tried the old playing card splitter trick, for the first time in my life! Took a few attempts to get it lined up right but got there in the end. First shot just clipped the bottom of it as I was aiming half way up the card to compensate for pellet drop, because the breeze moved the card as I took my shot! :censored:

Then the second shot totally cleaned it! :D Aiming at the top of it as it was 34 yards away!Happy bunny I was, doing this in two shots with a jerry springer! :toast:

20140301_102848_zpsxbhpct4m.jpg

After a good plink and trying a few pellets I decided to call it a day and go for a mooch on the way home. Got to the farm and that Fookin' pigeon surprised me as it flew off! Little sh1t making me look a fool, I wasn't standing for that! :gunsmilie: It flew about 100 yards and landed in some trees, then some magpies landed in the trees to my right where I had come from, about 50 yards :hmm: .. I sneaked up to the other wall and took a rested shot of about 40 yards .. Elevation was bang on, but the slight wind took the pellet just to the side of the magpies head, as I watched in slow motion through my scope! Gutted! Ah well, back to the task at hand- the pigeon!

Doubled back on myself and across the field got over the fence and rested on some farm machinery about 30 yards from the little focker and this time I made sure the job was done! With a nice headshot, the .22 Daystate Li knocking it straight out of the tree :boxing:

Pigeon headshot. :thumbs:

20140301_130159_zpsymsosi5p.jpg

Then as I looked over the wall to the garden there was a squirrel sat on the floor! I crept to a good shooting position, she was oblivious to me resting on the wall aimed at her :D .. Couldn't really miss at about 20 yards :hunter: Although did wobble slightly, hitting it in the neck. Good job it was close range :icon_redface:

Squirrel posing :laugh: @Daz7

20140301_131523_zpsz67fntsi.jpg

So there you have it guys, that's my story. Hope you enjoyed it. Just going to edit the pics in now. Thanks for reading and happy shooting :victory:

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 9

Nice shooting pal

Cheers mate really enjoyed it this morning listening to the woodpecker pecking. songbirds singing and seeing the fox run away when I took the first shot at the pigeon. He got a free meal out of it, left them where I saw him :thumbs:

Don't mind Foxes being about my permission, no fookin' rabbits about anyways :cray:

Nice going Skot, you seem to be grouping well with the Daystate Li's

That group of 5 shots on the diamond was with the Jsb exact or Ftt . I shot them first then ran out so changed to the Li's begore heading home (obviously re zeroing first) The Lis didnt group quite as well. Still good enough tho! Need to try air arms fields next and got a tin of accupel aswel, although some say they are the same pellet as the Li's ?

Seems whatever pellet i put in this gun it will group under a 5p @ 30 yds. Even rws hobby!