New Member Tyne And Wear Bit Advice Fellow Hunteres

Have you tried doing a search on here Michael? The subject is fairly well covered and some of the recent posts by Casso on the subject have been excellent.A quick answer is eliminate the pups options, do your retrieve in an enclosed area such as a hallway or alley, sit down legs apart and chuck your whatever a couple of feet, the pup almost having to come into you as your legs are forming a funnel. Do not take thewhatever straight off it, praise first then gently take it, only a couple of times though dont over cook it, plenty time playing happy families making a fool of yourself, no room for being too cool or macho when schooling pups lol.Skycat has some good stuff on too on the subject, also I would check out what the gundog lads have to say. Best of luck bud.

• Like 2

Ok, it picks stuff up half way there. If recall was 100% one suspects it will come to you, though this time carrying the ball, all you have to do then is sort out a decent delivery and release of said ball.

Just do it in play and for now don't fuss over taking the ball off it just get it used to coming back and getting a big old fuss from you

Retrieving is just recall with something in the dogs mouth.

• Like 1

When i got a lurcher 18month ago I bought a load of books on dog training, I also bought a DVD called purdeys progress, think it's a copy from VHS but it has a lot of good stuff on there.

Atb

Baz

This site as gone to shit. .thousands of members an 2 replies. ...

If truth be known I bet not a greater than half of todays owners get a good std of retrieve and delivery from their lurchers or frankly care so how might they advise? I doubt its the fault of the website

The lurcher I've got now was so laid back as a pup, retrieving a ball or toy

Never interested her.

Her recall however was spot on something that helped when she was in the field as she retrieved game from the first rabbit,just don't rush taking it off them at first may make them bite down on there rabbit ,or worse not come straight back

hello my name is michael i have a bull x deerhound x grey x wheat grey

just wondering best ways to teach fetch shes 3 month she will chase balls grab them then go lie down bit advice please think shes bit stubborn

just want best out of her bit advice bwt other stuff wud be apprecated

if your anywhere near boldon,or can get there drop me pm,ile have a look and give you a hand ,atb mc

• Like 2