Fence Building....

Oh your building it from pallets.......well my advice is to do what you like, it will be f****d in a year....lol

:laugh: aye, he's got 3x3 posts and 2 4x4 posts for the gate, the slats are from pallets. It's going to be about 30 feet long and 6 foot high and so far he has stripped 8 pallets out of 15, I can't see it being enough :laugh:

Where the hell did he find 6ft pallets for the slats?

They weren't normal pallets mate, big crate things, dunno what they were used for or where he err acquired them lol but he'll need to find more, a lot f***ing more if he wants it finished :laugh:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

perfect tool for the job

Oh your building it from pallets.......well my advice is to do what you like, it will be f****d in a year....lol

they got carried away with all the free pallets......  

Posted Images

well ----- how did the weekends fence job go? .....

f***ing right throught till Monday lol. He did build the gate on the fence post :laugh: I said he was mad but he said f**k it, ain't cost me nowt lol. I let him get on with it while I put the posts in and rails on. He needs more slats, he's going to slat both sides with a 2 inch gap, he never even had enough to slat half of one side :D must admit, his gate looks good and works a treat :)

f*****g right throught till Monday lol. He did build the gate on the fence post :laugh: I said he was mad but he said f**k it, ain't cost me nowt lol. I let him get on with it while I put the posts in and rails on. He needs more slats, he's going to slat both sides with a 2 inch gap, he never even had enough to slat half of one side :D must admit, his gate looks good and works a treat :)

place down the road has packing crates made of planks 11 foot odd long by roughly a foot wide and 3/4 inch thick, i made my sheds roofs and floors out of them, might be a tad far to travel though :laugh:

f*****g right throught till Monday lol. He did build the gate on the fence post :laugh: I said he was mad but he said f**k it, ain't cost me nowt lol. I let him get on with it while I put the posts in and rails on. He needs more slats, he's going to slat both sides with a 2 inch gap, he never even had enough to slat half of one side :D must admit, his gate looks good and works a treat :)

place down the road has packing crates made of planks 11 foot odd long by roughly a foot wide and 3/4 inch thick, i made my sheds roofs and floors out of them, might be a tad far to travel though :laugh:

:laugh: aye just a tad lol. These were 8 foot long, 4inch wide and 1 inch thick. Perfect for the job, they were only stapled together not nailed. I asked where he got them just said a mate dropped them off so f**k knows. He's in no rush so I'm sure he'll get them. I don't give a f**k, I've done my bit :laugh:

:laugh: aye just a tad lol. These were 8 foot long, 4inch wide and 1 inch thick. Perfect for the job, they were only stapled together not nailed. I asked where he got them just said a mate dropped them off so f**k knows. He's in no rush so I'm sure he'll get them. I don't give a f**k, I've done my bit :laugh:

i fetched the last lot of a 5ft trailer three 11 foot by 3 foot crates tied on and towed up the main A5 early one Sunday morning :laugh::laugh:

i fetched the last lot of a 5ft trailer three 11 foot by 3 foot crates tied on and towed up the main A5 early one Sunday morning :laugh::laugh:

As long as you have the obligatory hi viz vest tied at the back your fine :laugh:

As long as you have the obligatory hi viz vest tied at the back your fine :laugh:

hi viz vest :laugh: it didnt even have a number plate :laugh::laugh:

Pmsl :clapper: I can mind getting pulled for that, the polis says just unscrew the one of the vehicle. Shows how long ago it was, who the f**k screws number plates on now :laugh:

i once got stopped as a passenger in a mini with 4 of them mesh panels that surround building sites tied on the roof. no roof rack, both me and the driver had one hand out of the windows holing onto them and i was changing gear for him with the other hand :laugh::laugh:

Pmsl :clapper: I can mind getting pulled for that, the polis says just unscrew the one of the vehicle. Shows how long ago it was, who the f**k screws number plates on now :laugh:

i once got stopped as a passenger in a mini with 4 of them mesh panels that surround building sites tied on the roof. no roof rack, both me and the driver had one hand out of the windows holing onto them and i was changing gear for him with the other hand :laugh::laugh:

Done that with sheets of plasterboard back from the builders merchants a few years back! :laugh: Was in a mondeo though! :D

Done that with sheets of plasterboard back from the builders merchants a few years back! :laugh: Was in a mondeo though! :D

can remember when a local skip hire firm near me used to let you tip for £60 a load and by f**k did we milk it...... used to take the step ladders on jobs just to load the truck..... :D

post-92146-0-52967100-1393968343_thumb.jpg

post-92146-0-22304400-1393968079_thumb.jpg

used to do about 6 rubbish jobs in one day and make a killing......... :laugh:

all stopped now tho and have to go on a weighbridge........ :cray:

• Like 1

:laugh: Reminds me of the skips we used to pack when I worked with my old man mate! :laugh: We were doing this old youth hostel out in St Davids and we built the sides up with the old doors that were being replaced and f***ing piled it in there. :laugh: The plumber even brought his old settee to work in the back of his van and wedged it on the top of the pile the day it was being picked up! :D Driver came up the road in the wagon, took one look at the skip and said "f**k sake, you b*****ds need to learn when to stop filling them" :laugh: He just got the arm bit over the top of the loaded skip when it was on the back of the lorry with about a foot to spare! :D