Fence Building....

the blind leading the blind :laugh:

:laugh: to be fair, it was strong weed getting smoked when he came up with that idea :laugh:

just pay lab to do it, you can abuse him as he works,worth every penny :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: the mate wouldn't pay for a f***ing digger for the hedges, you think he's gonna pay for a fife fencer :laugh:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

perfect tool for the job

Oh your building it from pallets.......well my advice is to do what you like, it will be f****d in a year....lol

they got carried away with all the free pallets......  

Posted Images

f**k it, I'm gonna say his idea is a great one, see how it pans out :laugh:

its nice when you`ve a mate to blame :whistling: all mine have shit ideas when i come on here asking for them :D

:laugh: I'm in a rented house stig, ain't allowed dogs, you think I'd be allowed to pull out a f***ing hedge :laugh:

f**k it, I'm gonna say his idea is a great one, see how it pans out :laugh:

its nice when you`ve a mate to blame :whistling: all mine have shit ideas when i come on here asking for them :D

:laugh: I'm in a rented house stig, ain't allowed dogs, you think I'd be allowed to pull out a f*****g hedge :laugh:

;);)

Right mate not quite sure i fully understand what your on about,but iam a fencing contractor...so feck il give it a go.I have built fences for clients before who have boats/trailers etc that they might want to get in out occasionaly and you can build the fence as normal but make it so one section can be removed and put back for temp access etc,once back in place fence looks normal.

If access is required fairly often then build a proper robust gate and hang as normal,this can be hung of the last fence post if you have used robust posts and anchored them correctly.Do not cut corners on hinges etc use good quality hook and band hinges at least 50% of the gates width.You can get away with less but your only asking for greif further down the line,build it once and build it right.

Any questions bud feel free to pm and good luck!

Just seen this post. Cheers for that mate, lot of good advice there :thumbs:

Oh your building it from pallets.......well my advice is to do what you like, it will be f****d in a year....lol

:laugh: aye, he's got 3x3 posts and 2 4x4 posts for the gate, the slats are from pallets. It's going to be about 30 feet long and 6 foot high and so far he has stripped 8 pallets out of 15, I can't see it being enough :laugh:

:laugh: aye, he's got 3x3 posts and 2 4x4 posts for the gate, the slats are from pallets. It's going to be about 30 feet long and 6 foot high and so far he has stripped 8 pallets out of 15, I can't see it being enough :laugh:

Ffs it gets worse. Defo going to blow down with the 3x3 posts.....that's a fact.

He needs 8 slats to a metre tae.

Ok here goes for the gate....luckily you said it has the fence attached as that helps to secure the gate from falling with the weight. You could make the gate( although 5ft is big) in one complete section but it will be one big heavy gate. If that catches in the wind the next door will have a new gate and fence...lol

Forget about t-hinges and use Hook and band hinges, there much stronger and suitable for a gate of that size.

And when you make the gate when measuring the gap mind and take a good 20mm of the size...it's amazing how many folk make it to exact and it doesn't fit.

Where the hell did he find 6ft pallets for the slats?

The pallets will be 5x4....the fence will be a foot of the ground....lol

• Like 2

The pallets will be 5x4....the fence will be a foot of the ground....lol

maybe he will make a trellis out of the privet branches and sticky backed plastic