Pigeon Decoying Advice Please :)

Right here goes...

Just been given a new piece of permission , which has a abundance of pigeons and crows.

So i went out and bought some camo netting and 4 heads up pigeon decoys which at mole valley with pegs £2.59 each not too bad :)

Im not shooting with a shot gun il be on the ground with my .22 pcp so any advice greatfu

Shooting at 50 yards -Sorry for the poo diagram i did try :) & is the bushs which i have my camo over and yes the field is rectangle , where do i put decoys too ?

Many thanks

Jared

i & i

i & i

i & i

i & i

i & i

i & i

i_______________________________ i

• Like 1

at this time of the year with an airrifle id try and find some trees that they flight into as OSR shooting tends to be slow with a shottie at the best of times and a lot of pigeons that come in wont actually land which isnt a problem with a shotgun but obviously it isnt helpful with an air rifle especially if the area you shoot is decoyed regular so you will probably have more sport either in a roosting wood or if there are any trees bordering the field

If you can stretch the budget to a couple of lofting decoys this would really help with air rifle shooting.

Place them so they are visible, about two thirds of the way up a sitty tree if possible, then tuck yourself away in a good well hidden shooting position.

spent a few hour this afternoon shooting crows over decoys with my air rifle

only had 3 kills all of them was in trees around decoys none landing

in pattern would of had a good bag if i took shotgun , as someone else

said roost shooting would be better ,

Get fresh dead out as soon as possible.

I did find that as long as you are well hidden placing an odd one or a pair 100yrds out from the hide gave me a couple of easy shots.

Also stick a couple of twigs in the ground at known ranges as it can be difficult to be confident of range through the netting.

Other than that sitty trees and watch where they are coming into, the trick is to make them present themselves not make life difficult.