Has Anyone Gor A Picture Of Reece's Billy?

Greenman

Sounds a very good dog you have there ,you also sound as though you have put a lot of time into it,

A question I asked earlier was would you say this is a line or would you say dogs bred off a couple of dogs.

I mean has any line/in breeding happened for a few generations.

Genuine question no axe to grind with anyone

Edited by roybo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a bitch from Reece out of billy here. This was the second to last litter out of him, the mating was repeated and that was the last litter before he died. Truly the best dog I have owned, has ne

Is it down to the dog or down to the owner how many of these dogs was grafted to young its no good trying a dog to young then blaming the dog or its breeding seen it to many times to young to soon the

There are pictures of billy. But who in their right mind would put them up on here?? Simple answer is...If you want a pic..Go and see reece

Posted Images

Greenman

Sounds a very good dog you have there ,you also sound as though you have put a lot of time into it,

A question I asked earlier was would you say this is a line or would you say dogs bred off a couple of dogs.

I mean has any line/in breeding happened for a few generations.

Genuine question no axe to grind with anyone

Mines just a dog bred off a couple of dogs as far as I'm concerned. I'd never had a bull cross till her, my pal did and I liked what they could do, he knew Reece who had just dew clawed the litter and he was due a pup as stud fee and said I could have it. There's a bit more to the story, but I've had the bitch since she was 6 weeks old and she has genuinely been a cracker. I agree I put a lot of time into her and gave her a lot of opportunities to do a lot of things, however the breeding must of played a part, I've had other lurchers before and since that have had the same opportunities and upbringing that haven't been as good as her.

No I wasn't trying to imply anything about the breeding mate :) just wondered if it was a "line" thanks for your reply

Just wondering as a few have said there are good and poor dogs so if there have been mixed results that could be the reason I.e. no line as such thanks mate

It's a sad day when I take offence on here! The 'line' things an odd one. You have a good dog, you breed from it, you have another good one and you breed again you've got a line but there's the potential some of those pups would be shit either down to the genetics or the owners. With dogs that have a 'name' there are more pups out there attributed to there line so more chance of bad ones?

I had a dog from a bitch called 'Diane' who I'd been out with a lot and her brother 'Arthur' both a talked about 'line'. The sire was a coursing greyhound so granted the percentages of the two were different but that dog wasn't a patch on my bitch even though it was raised and trained the same. Like I said I'd been out with 'Diane' a lot and knew what she could do so it was an educated guess at the pup which sadly died at a couple of years old. I could easily say that 'line' is shit as my 'billy' bred one was better, in fact the dog was pretty good, just not as good as her.

• Like 1

I didn't mean any dogs where shit mate don't know anyone

with those lines,just asking if it was a line as in linebred to a

Particular dog or just decendants of a particular dog

As I've heard the name mentioned a few times ATB Roy

there will be a line carried down from Billy. I know reece line and inbreeds to keep it as tight as possible. And i know other lads out there do. So yes there are lines to Billy out there. greenman..your pup will have been out lightning then no doubt. Same as any breed/line. There will be bad uns out there . But sadly the bad uns are not pts as they should be and are then bred from either for the kudos or the money. Sadly the money aspect is the ruination of most lines.

• Like 5

there will be a line carried down from Billy. I know reece line and inbreeds to keep it as tight as possible. And i know other lads out there do. So yes there are lines to Billy out there. greenman..your pup will have been out lightning then no doubt. Same as any breed/line. There will be bad uns out there . But sadly the bad uns are not pts as they should be and are then bred from either for the kudos or the money. Sadly the money aspect is the ruination of most lines.

thanks stabba that's what I wondered if there was anything closely bred as in a line...and that's what I was getting at ,Billy may have been a superb dog but 2 or 3 generations of

Scatter breeding his genes maybe diluted so much,it's unfair to call a dog "Billy bred" hence folk saying seen/known/had failures,but if the line/inbred stuff are doing the biz ,happy days ATB roy

That's the one, the first litter.

I have a bitch from Reece out of billy here. This was the second to last litter out of him, the mating was repeated and that was the last litter before he died. Truly the best dog I have owned, has never jacked and excelled at everything expected from her breeding, she's sat on my quad now, comes to work everyday on the farm, on my previous place she used to help me get the cows in for milking, providede with more meat than I could eat and supplemented my wages for a while, will do a days beating, retrieve rabbits live, pick up feather to the gun, retrieve running birds, squirreling with catty or gun, never let me down or given up and barked. I'm not saying there's not shit in any line, in fact every other dog billy sired could be shit for all I care, I've been lucky, but I believe partly this was down to entering the dog and how it's been brought up. When I picked her up of Reece he said take your time enter her when she's ready and I took that on board.

Good to read about a dog/bitch exceeding its stereotype and to show what they can achieve in the hand's of a dogman, I find it a little troubling that animals get judged by word of mouth, those mouths often the mouths of babes who have little or no knowledge of how to get the best from an animal or even the interest in trying, spoil it, swap it and claim its breeding to be of whatever name they've heard or seen to try and wring an extra 20 quid out of it.

• Like 3

i had a pye line bitch daughter of custard was hellish stayed strong till the job was done an it never stashed

Was it to a saluki cross?

the sire was a 3/8th 5/8th bull x dog called billy over Custard from keighley she had kippers cruiser in her breeding mind