New Project In The Post! Hw97K :):)

Thanks mate but......

MAJOR DISASTER !! ARGH

tried to remove the muzzle weight dont ask why lol

rushing and far too heavy handed clean sheered the cocking arm seat off the muzzle weight!

So ..... had to clamp action in vce (not my best move) and remove muzzle weight with mole grips and rags again s$! T idea completly chewed up my action and muzzle weight fcuk'd off is not the word.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some bling arrived! !!!!   just waiting on silencer adaptor now picked muzzle end up thi morning so all sorted now he did a nice job added couple of layers of oil to stock and goo buff up

Hi all. well after spending hours and hours on stealth got it shooting ok but saw my arse with it and sorted a deal on this with it...   Its a 2012 hw97k has aparantly been welsh willied but

give all internals a good clean and grease and added 2 pre load washers made it bit inconstant so think will remove 1 probs a bit of work on stock like the colour so prob a good tru oil and flat down

20140306_094631.jpg

20140306_0946380.jpg

what a mess

ive had to take the muzzle weight and cocking seat to gunsmiths hes going to spin it in laith to clean gouges out machine some rivits and re fit it then hot blue it not ideal but I didn't have the stuff to sort my major cock up so im going to dremel up the mess on action and re blue again

aaarrrggghhhh why I did that I don't know

Cheers tom so angry with my self a school boy error!!!

Right been on with putting my f up right since I did it this morning few hours with the dremal , wet and dry and wire wool got it sorted ....

20140306_143913.jpg

20140306_143907.jpg

20140306_140804.jpg

20140306_140801.jpg

got a mirror finish and its in blueing as I type ! Nightmare day

but these things happen (specially to me) lol

Edited by mattybugeye

Re blue done looks like I just got away with it!!! Phew!

Color nice and dark now so think a second blue really helped well thats what im telling myself lol

cheered up bit now and won't be doing that again

with muzzle weight all fixed and hot blued will look great to be honest that was only bit of blueing that didnt take well lol

20140306_154734.jpg

20140306_154745.jpg

20140306_154758.jpg

20140306_154804.jpg

Edited by mattybugeye

Definitely! !! Was a crap idea tho lol not even too sure why I was wanting to remove it in 1st place ! Well expensive mistake after gunsmiths fee and stuff bought and done today im down 80 quid!!!! Aaarrr angry man

Was up early this morning so thaught id kill some time getting cracking on that nasty trigger

took good few washes to get rid of the grime and gunk then stripped and polished all internals couldn't feel 1st or 2nd stage before had to really pull hard but cleaned up really well all metal to metal contacts polished up an set pull nice and light

lick of pait looking good as new!

IMG-20140309-WA0002.jpg

20140309_103226.jpg

20140309_132730.jpg

20140309_132905.jpg

Couple of pics with brass added know it not everyones cup of tea but like a bit of bling lol

ordered a saftey bolt in brass, a unf silencer adaptor in brass and a cocking arm aid again in brass lol if looks bit of a over kill can always remove them

fired couple of shots to test trigger spot on! Morning well spent id say

Just can't wait to get bits back from gunsmiths and get out in this nice weather with it :)

Edited by mattybugeye

Some bling arrived! !!!!

20140311_120756.jpg

20140311_120721.jpg

20140311_120714.jpg

20140311_120709.jpg

just waiting on silencer adaptor now

picked muzzle end up thi morning so all sorted now he did a nice job

added couple of layers of oil to stock and goo buff up looking beter but will add more in tim

put about 50 pellets through it earlier shooting nice now

Next day off will be out with it :)

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 4