Long Nets//// Purse Nets..

so you never called me a liar when i told you idnever been out with an aluant????? your full a minyaka lad, and cant help but reply to posts i make that in no way involve you or are directed at you lol id feel for you if you wasnt so sad

You keep feeling your Alaunt and don't worry about me :laugh:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate,,, I'm rock hard,,,, no fox dare bite me lol,,,   No lads it was already dead next to the warren,,,, keeper had shot it the night befor,,,, I got breeze to take the pic,,, we couldn't resist

Think this pic need another airing,,,lol  

Used Long nets, Gate nets, Ditch nets and every other type of rabbiting net,...all my life...   We all have our prefered methods,.but over five decades (and several thousand rabbits later) , I have

when I first went ferreting in the early 50s my grandfather always used short nets either side of the set cutting through the hedge , if they ran out into the field they could get away but they seldom did that choosing to run down the hedge to the next set , sometimes I went out with an old chap from a place called Bunny and we did the boundary hedges together [ my job was to keep a tally on what was caught ] he always used purse nets , my grand farther was a keeper and Mr Walker from Bunny was an outlaw and probably used purse nets to keep the job tighter to the hedge.

I know bunny well Micky,,,lived in the village next door for two years,,,,this was over 10 year ago,,,, not many bunnys round bunny these days mate....lol

when I first went ferreting in the early 50s my grandfather always used short nets either side of the set cutting through the hedge , if they ran out into the field they could get away but they seldom did that choosing to run down the hedge to the next set , sometimes I went out with an old chap from a place called Bunny and we did the boundary hedges together [ my job was to keep a tally on what was caught ] he always used purse nets , my grand farther was a keeper and Mr Walker from Bunny was an outlaw and probably used purse nets to keep the job tighter to the hedge.

I know bunny well Micky,,,lived in the village next door for two years,,,,this was over 10 year ago,,,, not many bunnys round bunny these days mate....lol

I used to show jump at Bunny, so You were the dodgey dude back then eh? :D

• Like 1

hi i just wondered could i set long nets at dusk and check to see if any bunnies have gone into them in the morning and when me dog chases the bunnies will they go in to the nets ? cheersd

You set nets at night and leave them till the morning the rabbits will have chewed out of them mate

• Like 1

hi i just wondered could i set long nets at dusk and check to see if any bunnies have gone into them in the morning and when me dog chases the bunnies will they go in to the nets ? cheersd

You set nets at night and leave them till the morning the rabbits will have chewed out of them mate

cheers would i be able to set them and leave them halfhour or so then go back with the dog and try to make them bolt into them ?

Edited by ruggers13

You tend to set them walk round in a large semi circle and chase the rabbits back into the net mate but give it a try and see if it works for you watch you dont end up with the dog balled up in the net