Roller Pigeons

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my kit box and some birds I had. I'm starting again with different birds this summer.

That's the mags.

just a few words to thank sighthound for his extreme generosity to me over the last few months .this gentleman has taken time out to give me lots of invaluable advice and then sent me all the way down

Posted Images

They were rollers mate yeah. I'm hoping to breed a few rollers and get a few off my mate this year and I've also got a pair of mag tumblers to have a try with. I've got my breeders in boxes and a little shed, the kit boxes are empty at the moment.

• Like 1

They were rollers mate yeah. I'm hoping to breed a few rollers and get a few off my mate this year and I've also got a pair of mag tumblers to have a try with. I've got my breeders in boxes and a little shed, the kit boxes are empty at the moment.

Hi mate did you cut back on rollers you had

if your doing garden shed set up you`ll get 4 good size kit boxes in one with a feeding and trapping area mine was pretty much the same as the one in the picture but i had double wire doors as well as shutters so in summer i could sling the whole lot open if you want pigeons out a thick rubber band works just as well as clipping just take it off when there back in the loft room was never a problem for me so i always had a decent sized flight for baths and getting some sun on there backs i never liked my pigeons cooped up in the dark in the summer i had the flight in between my kit loft and breeding loft so i could let either loft in used to put straw and twigs in and the breeders spent a lot of time in n out nest building make your loft well off the floor stop anything getting underneath put a couple of louvered vents in low at the front and high at the back for air flow ... dont start off with to many by the end of the first breeding season you`ll have a decent team good luck and enjoy ...post-14509-0-06602700-1392723009.jpg

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

Hi mate did you cut back on rollers you had
I gave half away and the other half (i think) got ill from a stray fantail, some died and the rest got culled.

How long dose it take to get them used to the pop hole ? Did u put a wire box on the front first ? Looks a good box !

That pic was when I first got the box, it's now got hinged landing boards which I can sit a wire cage on and call them back in through but tbh I just hold the door open and put their feeder in and they pile in, they learn to use the pipe trap quicker than bob wires I reckon and they can't get back through them like I had happen with the wires. The pop hole is handy for a bird that's late back or being an awkward twat and not trapping in quick. Birds that trap slow are the first in the next day.