"daisy And Sid's Big Day Out"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few more of the day, WM     "Sid decides he likes this job and its his"          

Well today being a fine day I thought I'd go over and meet a mate for a couple of hours on a farm I was asked to control the rabbits on,I don't have a grown lurcher at the moment so he was bringing hi

I don't really have an average day as I take quite a few different lads out to help me with ferreting, pest control, etc, I normally take 3 terriers and a lurcher myself and it just depends what my gu

Lovely looking lurcher pup looking eager to get in there

Yes mate I'm made up with him, he's just a baby yet but he comes off match winning stuff, line bred 6 generations, I always keep fast lurchers with plenty of stamina, atb, WM

What's in his make up mate? Did you breed him yourself?

Redcharge, he came from Colin Morrell's dogs in Stoke,his dog won the Market Rasen vase and gets them plenty of work, I got this pup to put over my last bitch "TESS" that came off very good stuff, never seen her beaten by anything so should blend well for a future mating, I never normally breed lurchers as you can usually get decent pups, but it is getting harder to find them so I will breed the stuff we need in the future, WM

Redcharge, he came from Colin Morrell's dogs in Stoke,his dog won the Market Rasen vase and gets them plenty of work, I got this pup to put over my last bitch "TESS" that came off very good stuff, never seen her beaten by anything so should blend well for a future mating, I never normally breed lurchers as you can usually get decent pups, but it is getting harder to find them so I will breed the stuff we need in the future, WM

He looks a nice type mate ;)

I'm assuming that was a myxied rabbit the terriers caught out in the open?

Also - when you're ferreting d'you ever do it without nets and let the terriers position themselves to nab bolters? If so, how successful are they at it? I have a lot of thick thorny hedges that are a pain to net at best, impossible at worst, and am wanting something small and fearless in cover for exactly that, and am wondering if the sort of terriers you've got might do the job.

Quite often, I really love days without the nets catching 1 in 2 is the ratio I work off without nets, these terriers are intelligent and understand exactly why they have been told to wait in the hedge or watch a hole each, they wag their tails in anticipation, I find the more you do with them the better they get at it, oh and by the way it was a myxied rabbit, atb, WM

Thanks WM. Are the terriers your own line? Any plans to breed?

He looks a nice type mate ;)

Colin's dog "Creamy Joe" won the 2000 guineas this week, watch for it in the countrymans or EDRD, WM

WM keep the pics of the lurcher pup coming over the months be nice to follow that lovely little pups progress, as its off my uncles stuff by what you say cheers.

Matt, if the truth be told "SID" picked me, I had my choice from 4 pups but he was the one that stood out for me, I really liked Colins dog and many experienced lads I know spoke well of his stock, he is a full on dog man and I look forward to bringing him over for a few runs in the autumn, get him to bring you to meet us as I'll be bringing my terriers as well for a decent day out, atb, WM

A few more of the day, WMattachicon.gifDSC_3746.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3748.jpg"Sid decides he likes this job and its his"attachicon.gifDSC_3751.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3767.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3774.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3765.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3727.jpg

At first look through the pics I thought that is either the shitest rabbit ever or those terriers got rockets in there ass, then I read on and you said myxi rabbit, great pics of some good looking dogs

A few more of the day, WMattachicon.gifDSC_3746.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3748.jpg"Sid decides he likes this job and its his"attachicon.gifDSC_3751.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3767.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3774.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3765.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3727.jpg

At first look through the pics I thought that is either the shitest rabbit ever or those terriers got rockets in there ass, then I read on and you said myxi rabbit, great pics of some good looking dogs

Ben, they do catch a lot of healthy rabbits as well though, but mainly in cover or ferreting, atb WM