"daisy And Sid's Big Day Out"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few more of the day, WM     "Sid decides he likes this job and its his"          

Well today being a fine day I thought I'd go over and meet a mate for a couple of hours on a farm I was asked to control the rabbits on,I don't have a grown lurcher at the moment so he was bringing hi

I don't really have an average day as I take quite a few different lads out to help me with ferreting, pest control, etc, I normally take 3 terriers and a lurcher myself and it just depends what my gu

Cracking post this like the bushing with a mixed pack done a bit of it over the years with plummers lakies borders and our different breed s of lurchers real good sport and pest control great to watch the different roles each dog has in the pack like watching a small pack of hounds that are tuned in to each others skills the plummers certainly have a great nose on them and are very versatile in the field just put mine to sleep 3 month ago had many years hunting with him and was a joy to work and great to answer atb taffey

Cracking post this like the bushing with a mixed pack done a bit of it over the years with plummers lakies borders and our different breed s of lurchers real good sport and pest control great to watch the different roles each dog has in the pack like watching a small pack of hounds that are tuned in to each others skills the plummers certainly have a great nose on them and are very versatile in the field just put mine to sleep 3 month ago had many years hunting with him and was a joy to work and great to answer atb taffey

Thanks Taff, I think the dynamics of a small pack have to be experienced to appreciate how effective they are, I to love to watch them work ahead of me like a small hound pack, I have just lined a bitch if you need another, WM

Thx wm if I was looking another terrier would nt hesitate your s are obviously getting worked the right way I got 2 young lurchers on at mo so out with them all the time got mates with good bushing terriers and we get together and have a good hunt with the pack when time allows like you said it's great watching them working together with the lurchers waiting round outside of cover anticipating the bolt atb taffey