Collie Based Stud Reqired

ALL THE MATHS ,,,DONT ALLWAYS WORK,,,AS MOST DOG MEN WILL NO,,,,,,, YOU CAN HAVE A BIT OF BULL ETC POP IN PUP FROM YEARS BACK,,, YOU MITE OF BREED AWAY FROM HIT BUT HITS ALLWAYS THERE,,,, THERES A WHITE LAD NEAR ME,,, GOT ALL THE FEATURES OF BLACK GUY,,,,HIS MAM WHITE HIS DADS WHITE,, BOTH SIDES OF HIS GRAND PARENTS ARE WHITE,,,LOL

Edited by tjones3862

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That young dog of BS is gonna make a canny dog and could well be a producer of good cur type jukels..that dog seems to me atleast to have all the attributes required for a cur lurcher...as for Don dog

Yep..both Bryn and Don out of a Cur..its the other parent you want to look at lol...You tell me what a Greyhound has over a Lurcher and a top quality one at that? Speed over 300 yards maybe and in tes

Hi Brambles,..good to hear that you favour the collie lurcher types...   Yes, you are correct in that it is often difficult to find a Stud dog that suits your requirements.. I only need a cur type

ALL THE MATHS ,,,DONT ALLWAYS WORK,,,AS MOST DOG MEN WILL NO,,,,,,, YOU CAN HAVE A BIT OF BULL ETC POP IN PUP FROM YEARS BACK,,, YOU MITE OF BREED AWAY FROM HIT BUT HITS ALLWAYS THERE,,,,

were not talking about the odd throw back but the line in general will follow the breeding

HITS FUNNY YOU SHUD SAY THIS RAY,,,,SNIPE OVER THE 13 MARK,,,,,,,,,THING,S ARE NOT RIGHT WITH HIM,,,,,THIS LAST WEEK HES TRYING TO CRAP,,,, AND THERES NOWT LEFT IN HIM,,,,,,,,A CAN FEEL A HARD LUMP OF SOME TYPE. IN THE ARSE AREA......LAST TIME I WENT TO THE VETS THEY SAID HIT WAS THE PROSTRATE ,,,,,,WHATS EN,LARGED,,,, FINGERS X,,,,, BUT I WILL SEE HIM TO THE END...., OTHER THAN THAT HE RUNS MOST DAYS BEHIND THE MOTOR,,, AND PANTS LESS THAH ERN

Jim I don't doubt what snipe has done and I've no problem with trying to keep a dog fit even at 13 ..........BUT why the hell would you run a dog of 13 that has grafted all his life behind a motor??????? Where is the gain for man or dog

• Like 2

ALL THE MATHS ,,,DONT ALLWAYS WORK,,,AS MOST DOG MEN WILL NO,,,,,,, YOU CAN HAVE A BIT OF BULL ETC POP IN PUP FROM YEARS BACK,,, YOU MITE OF BREED AWAY FROM HIT BUT HITS ALLWAYS THERE,,,, THERES A WHITE LAD NEAR ME,,, GOT ALL THE FEATURES OF BLACK GUY,,,,HIS MAM WHITE HIS DADS WHITE,, BOTH SIDES OF HIS GRAND PARENTS ARE WHITE,,,LOL

I recon his mum might have been a naughty girl.....

• Like 3

I recon his mum might have been a naughty girl.....

mine too :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If a half x is what you want then Brin from what I hear is a decent enough dog But I think even Bird will admit he prefers a lurcher x to a half x,,,,at the end of the day does it matter what x just pick the the best you can and the type that suits what you do........because there is ONLY you know what you need

• Like 2

DAZ YOU GET A LOT OF PEOPLE RAP UP WORK THEY DONT DO JACK SHIT FROM DAY TO THE OTHER,,,,AND THE BOBYS GO DOWN HILL, RAPPID,,, THE PLACE WERE I TAKE HIM A NUMBER OF DOG WALKERS,, COMMENT ON HIM, HE MITE RUN HALF A MILE TO MILE NICE AND STEADY,,,,, MOST LURCHERS THE BACK LEGS GO ON THEM,,,,,BY DOING WHAT IM DOING ,,,,HIS KEEPING HIM GOING,,,,,IFF I STOP THE DOG WILL FADE AWAY,,,,,HAS HIT AT THE MOMENT,,,,,HES HAVEING PROBLEMS,,,,SO HE GO.S FOR A GOOD WALK TWICE A DAY,,,,,, AND BIG ERNS TOOK HIS PLACE ON THE LAMP,,,,ETC,,,, AND NOW HES KEEPING ME GOING, SOME TIMES YOU NEED SOMETHINK OR SOME ONE TO PUSH YOU WHEN YOUR GETTING OLDER,,,,,HIT KEEPS YOU GOING,,,,,AND ERN HAS MADE ME HAVE IT TONITE,,,,HE WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME,,,LOL

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 5

Think Dazz said it all imo..don't matter a hoot what others prefer or say theres only one person who "should" decide what dog they would like to use as a stud, no need to keep anyone else happy lol..as for our mutt Don well I was never under any illusion with him when it came to working ability as imo no matter what he achieved in the field he should in theory atleast produce offspring better than he with almost any type of bitch..after all he is over half cur with the remainder just a lurcher..we produced him thinking of the long term and to be honest although he ain't a world beater or a heap of shite either he's kind of a jack of all trades yet master of none..im still of the opinion he will produce some high quality workers..like I said earlier what would a 1st x cur/grey stud have to offer over him? He's bred out of one of the highest quality collie bitches in Ireland used to work cattle..his sire compared to ANY greyhound on planet earth believe you me would be a hundred leagues better lol..so like I say imo only the Don dog will produce not only ugly brutes but canny, gritty, hard grafting,durable workers..just my take on it though and as I know jack shit im probably talking out my arse again haha..atb guys..enjoy your mutts and keep on keeping on

• Like 6

I'm looking for a genuine collie x stud dog, has to be of working stock, would prefer beardie to border but not against border or beardie border x, the dog that I had lined up was PTS on friday due to a back injury, genuine collie based lurchers seem to be like hens teeth these days rare, willing to travell for right dog, pm if prefered, no offence ment not interested in anything except genuine x, bitch is a beardie x, thanks for reading

Hi Brambles,..good to hear that you favour the collie lurcher types... :victory:

Yes, you are correct in that it is often difficult to find a Stud dog that suits your requirements..

I only need a cur type of hunting dog, to assist me in finding occupied rabbit warrens, in amongst a large acreage of vacant burrows,..so in reality,...my requirements are possibly far less than your own..

That being said,.such a mutty wee critter, does save me a lot of time,..and in woodland,.obviously makes the ferreting job go much easier.. :yes:

As for your own preference,..ie; Border/Beardie lurcher combos,.well,.there are now probably scores of this hybrid available,...in fact, they are relatively common these days...

However,.if you have a mind to just keep a smidgen of herding dog blood in your kennels,.Andy's lurcher Don,..would be something to consider..In fact, I was going to use him myself on a bitch,.but circumstances and bad timing conspired against it, and instead I went to a more local cur type. I've no regrets,...and I would simply reiterate what others have said, whereby any lurcher you own has only got to please you,..it isn't a competition to be the best,....and the reality of the situation is that ,..you got to live with the dog and feed the fecker,.nobody else.. :laugh:

Anyway,.all the best with your search and good luck for the future..

Regards, Phil. :thumbs:

• Like 9