Collie Based Stud Reqired

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That young dog of BS is gonna make a canny dog and could well be a producer of good cur type jukels..that dog seems to me atleast to have all the attributes required for a cur lurcher...as for Don dog

Yep..both Bryn and Don out of a Cur..its the other parent you want to look at lol...You tell me what a Greyhound has over a Lurcher and a top quality one at that? Speed over 300 yards maybe and in tes

Hi Brambles,..good to hear that you favour the collie lurcher types...   Yes, you are correct in that it is often difficult to find a Stud dog that suits your requirements.. I only need a cur type

if i was wanting to breed collie x greys with nothing else in the mix id use bryn ... and if i had a bitch of my own no matter how she was bred id use don as you cant beat a good lurcher to lurcher breeding , nevermind half this quarter that just lurcher to lurcher is what i like

having said that i do think bryn could offer alot to a already established lurcher line, bryn put to one of dons pups would be interesting to see :thumbs:

if i was wanting to breed collie x greys with nothing else in the mix id use bryn ... and if i had a bitch of my own no matter how she was bred id use don as you cant beat a good lurcher to lurcher breeding , nevermind half this quarter that just lurcher to lurcher is what i like

having said that i do think bryn could offer alot to a already established lurcher line, bryn put to one of dons pups would be interesting to see :thumbs:

as you are aware i put my diesel back to a half cross, it was the obvious thing to do other than lurcher to lurcher, i did this as i felt the collie was to diluted in the line * i call it a line as i can not think of anything else to call them) :laugh:

as you are aware i put my diesel back to a half cross, it was the obvious thing to do other than lurcher to lurcher, i did this as i felt the collie was to diluted in the line * i call it a line as i can not think of anything else to call them) :laugh:

:thumbs: them pups out of that will be interesting to look at for future breedings along with them reverse 5/8s borderscot, sesku and pukerk (or what ever his name his lol) own should be scope for some real good collie curs , oh aye and them ones of d llyods bitch and snipe ..

:thumbs: them pups out of that will be interesting to look at for future breedings along with them reverse 5/8s borderscot, sesku and pukerk (or what ever his name his lol) own should be scope for some real good collie curs , oh aye and them ones of d llyods bitch and snipe ..

time will tell :thumbs:

If I was after a Half x to use in the future I'd probably go to bs's Finn dog. . . . Ticks all the boxes for me . He's just not bigged up on here.

he aint a genuine half cross though :tongue2: but another fine example of a collie cross imo , always forget about him :thumbs:

I`d just make sure I was happy with the work the stud has done.

Borderscots Finn is a hell of a dog, on everything as well, His lad puts plenty game in front of it, and he`s handsome beast to boot. Very good natured.

Bryn is a nice dogs as well,, a fair bit smaller than Finn, more of a "cur" if you like, more collie in the mix, wheras Fin is muckle lump of a dog with plenty legs on him.

To be honest though,, the chances of getting anyone with a good dog, to put him as stud across an unknown (to them) bitch is maybe a bit slim.

You could use mines,, but he`s a big fanny ! lol, catches fine though,

• Like 2