Collie Based Stud Reqired

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That young dog of BS is gonna make a canny dog and could well be a producer of good cur type jukels..that dog seems to me atleast to have all the attributes required for a cur lurcher...as for Don dog

Yep..both Bryn and Don out of a Cur..its the other parent you want to look at lol...You tell me what a Greyhound has over a Lurcher and a top quality one at that? Speed over 300 yards maybe and in tes

Hi Brambles,..good to hear that you favour the collie lurcher types...   Yes, you are correct in that it is often difficult to find a Stud dog that suits your requirements.. I only need a cur type

Haha. You'd do well in the shows with a good looking dog :laugh:

The dogs had a broken leg and blind in one eye and still catching game on a regular basis. And he's well up to any job. The dog would run through a brick wall gamer than a lot of dogs I've seen run. It was always going to be his downfall.

• Like 2

YER BUT WUD HIT CATCH NUMBERS ON WINTER CORN,,, DOWN SOUTH LOL.... ONLY HAVEING THE CRACK GINNY... GOING BACK TO BYRN,,, BIRD MITE HAVE THE PIC,,,I TOOK BIRD TO HARD PLACE WITH OUT HIM KNOWING,,,, 10 MINS FROM TOMOS AREA,,,,, BRYN DONE 26 :icon_eek: ON HARD GROUND ,,,GROUND WHAT GETS SHOT SNARED FERRETS,,, YOU NAME HIT,,, HITS GETS HIT,LOL NOT JUST EASY GROUND WERE LEGGY LABS WILL CATCH,,,,,,,,, IFF I WANTED A GOOD COLLIE 1ST X,,,,, BRYN WUD GIVE ME A PEACE OF MIND,,,, THE OTHER WEEK A LOCAL LAD WAS ON THE OUT LOOK OUT FOR A PUP,,,C,WEEKLY ECT ECT,,, HE WAS ANY HOW' DID NOT NO WHAT TO GO FOR,,AND TO BE HONEST IFF I WAS IN THE SAME BOAT HAS HIM,,,,I WUD BE S#ITTING MESELF,,,, WHAT TO BUY,,,THE LIES AND ALL THE BULL SHIT WUD PUT ME OFF FOR LIFE,,,,,,,, A GOOD BITCH ACROSS BYIN YOU WILL NOT GO FAR WRONG,,,,,

Edited by tjones3862

IMO it's down to the lad that wants to breed from his bitch. Bryn, a proven first cross collie grey, Don a first cross collie lurcher, Galan, beardie x grey (if I remember correctly). Or even Keeps Indie. Putting any collie cross over another could throw all types. and saying what is the best stud for a collie x cross bitch, who's breeding has not been disclosed, or the intended role of the offspring is all conjecture

• Like 5

There is a chap who may not have logged on here for sometime, ( from North Yorks ) his line............... has gone on about 30 + years, he doesn't big up his dogs, they speak for themselves 6- 7 days a week, :thumbs: all collie based. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Who is it then or is it a secret, if you ask on a thread for Colly based stud lads will give their opinions, that's what it's about up to owners then to check each others dogs out but if a dogs name keeps coming up then gives you point to start from.best of luck Flacko

• Like 2

YER BUT WUD HIT CATCH NUMBERS ON WINTER CORN,,, DOWN SOUTH LOL.... ONLY HAVEING THE CRACK GINNY... GOING BACK TO BYRN,,, BIRD MITE HAVE THE PIC,,,I TOOK BIRD TO HARD PLACE WITH OUT HIM KNOWING,,,, 10 MINS FROM TOMOS AREA,,,,, BRYN DONE 26 :icon_eek: ON HARD GROUND ,,,GROUND WHAT GETS SHOT SNARED FERRETS,,, YOU NAME HIT,,, HITS GETS HIT,LOL NOT JUST EASY GROUND WERE LEGGY LABS WILL CATCH,,,,,,,,, IFF I WANTED A GOOD COLLIE 1ST X,,,,, BRYN WUD GIVE ME A PEACE OF MIND,,,, THE OTHER WEEK A LOCAL LAD WAS ON THE OUT LOOK OUT FOR A PUP,,,C,WEEKLY ECT ECT,,, HE WAS ANY HOW' DID NOT NO WHAT TO GO FOR,,AND TO BE HONEST IFF I WAS IN THE SAME BOAT HAS HIM,,,,I WUD BE S#ITTING MESELF,,,, WHAT TO BUY,,,THE LIES AND ALL THE BULL SHIT WUD PUT ME OFF FOR LIFE,,,,,,,, A GOOD BITCH ACROSS BYIN YOU WILL NOT GO FAR WRONG,,,,,

Don't know I live up north :laugh:

ye bryn looks like he got part of what a good collie lurcher needs ,had a few my self ,were handy dogs and one or two better than handy .hope the guy gets sorted out ,with agood genuine allrounder one that takes his qaurry single handed ,

the folk moanin aint lookin very far lol folk think cos the decide on a colliex on monday and aint seen a litter by thursday they are rare lol wasnt there actually a few proper collie based litters on here in past year, and folks struggled to home all pups???? lol they are out there, folk just want stuff handed to them on a platinum platter lol

very true that, I remember when magpie bred his beadie x greys x colliex greys pups. they were good proven dogs doing the business .And the litter didn't go that quick , that surprised me really .It does make you think when you got good proven lurchers like Bryn or magpie dog that the pups don't sell quick, maybe Hancocks is the way to go, as he sell lots of pups and people are happy with them, plus if you breed for just your self it can be prob more agro selling the other pups on let Hancock have the agro lol.And I don't need any pups got young Buck here I am bringing on at moment . There some very good lurcher to lurcher bred dogs out there now doing very well, with bit of collie and saluki or bit of bull in the mix, something like that with Bryn would make great dogs I think, but as said there already good dogs out there now to choose :yes:

Rays bryn all day.

that don dog is just a mongrel

Yep..both Bryn and Don out of a Cur..its the other parent you want to look at lol...You tell me what a Greyhound has over a Lurcher and a top quality one at that? Speed over 300 yards maybe and in testing conditions not even that lol...I await your reply buddy? Sire of Don was 28tts,84lb speed aplenty, never injured in its life and killed plenty of gear..lets here what the greyhound brings to the table haha..

• Like 10

Rays bryn all day.

Yep..both Bryn and Don out of a Cur..its the other parent you want to look at lol...You tell me what a Greyhound has over a Lurcher and a top quality one at that? Speed over 300 yards maybe and in testing conditions not even that lol...I await your reply buddy? Sire of Don was 28tts,84lb speed aplenty, never injured in its life and killed plenty of gear..lets here what the greyhound brings to the table haha..

spot on :thumbs:

Rays bryn all day.

Very true ... I can't see me ever going down the pure route again ......