Collie Based Stud Reqired

I'm looking for a genuine collie x stud dog, has to be of working stock, would prefer beardie to border but not against border or beardie border x, the dog that I had lined up was PTS on friday due to a back injury, genuine collie based lurchers seem to be like hens teeth these days rare, willing to travell for right dog, pm if prefered, no offence ment not interested in anything except genuine x, bitch is a beardie x, thanks for reading

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That young dog of BS is gonna make a canny dog and could well be a producer of good cur type jukels..that dog seems to me atleast to have all the attributes required for a cur lurcher...as for Don dog

Yep..both Bryn and Don out of a Cur..its the other parent you want to look at lol...You tell me what a Greyhound has over a Lurcher and a top quality one at that? Speed over 300 yards maybe and in tes

Hi Brambles,..good to hear that you favour the collie lurcher types...   Yes, you are correct in that it is often difficult to find a Stud dog that suits your requirements.. I only need a cur type

i would try magpie off here his dog galan is a great example. not sure if he does stud out so a pm would be best! i have a young bitch of his breeding and am more than happy. also from what ive seen on here birds dog bryn is another good collie x dog that may probably throw good collie x lurchers and im sure both would also want to know that the bitch is up to standard too! good luck in your search!

• Like 1

there rare good ones and i mean real good ones , got a decent bitch ,only saw one dog recently that turned my head was a lad from morpeth area one a show there with a black and white dog a decent looking dog and worker a well put together collie type lurcher ,the real good all round collie lurchers are getting rarer , the ones that do the lot in field day or nite ,hope your search is fruitful and you can see the stud do some good honest hunting chaseing ,saw several half crosses and the lacked a bit in pace and atitude when the game got tough or fast

rare lol theres been more colliex litters om here in past couple years than there is sense gettin talked lol fuji's dog aint a straight coll/grey is it? i know a parent was a collie but aint they bred out of lurchers, an not greys?

just by readin this thread it seems most folk jus throw names in hat, jus goin off what they have heard lol

• Like 1

rare lol theres been more colliex litters om here in past couple years than there is sense gettin talked lol fuji's dog aint a straight coll/grey is it? i know a parent was a collie but aint they bred out of lurchers, an not greys? just by readin this thread it seems most folk jus throw names in hat, jus goin off what they have heard lol

hancocks name hasn't been mentioned yet :whistling: